X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

Photo Gallery Admin Panel

19 Sep 2018, 05:42

Hi Karl,

We can have a look into the settings of your 'demo.photo.gallery'-panel.
Is it also possible to get a look into the settings of your 'photo.gallery'-panel?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Photo Gallery Admin Panel

19 Sep 2018, 11:47

Martin wrote:Is it also possible to get a look into the settings of your 'photo.gallery'-panel?
You mean you want to login as guest at our www.photo.gallery and have a look around? Or you mean you want to see/download the /config/config.user.json settings file for the www.photo.gallery website?

Or perhaps you are interested to see the html used for the index page? That website has extensive custom CSS included. Would be happy to share on request, as it's not secret or anything, but might be a bit more complex than you anticipate.

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

19 Sep 2018, 12:11

mjau-mjau wrote:
Martin wrote:Is it also possible to get a look into the settings of your 'photo.gallery'-panel?
You mean you want to login as guest at our www.photo.gallery and have a look around? Or you mean you want to see/download the /config/config.user.json settings file for the www.photo.gallery website?

Or perhaps you are interested to see the html used for the index page? That website has extensive custom CSS included. Would be happy to share on request, as it's not secret or anything, but might be a bit more complex than you anticipate.
Yes, I'm particularly interested in the html that builds the index page.
I think it's great to have an index page with different banners that show the main topics of a website..

I already imagined that it would consist of complex custom code.
But I like to give it a try....  ;)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

20 Sep 2018, 01:50

I would like to offer a tutorial on how to create advanced content sections like this one day, but for now, it's too much to get into detail. Essentially, it's the CONTEXT module set to WIDE (100% screen width), and then using the custom html foundation grids within to create sections. There is also lists, SVG's and lots of custom CSS to the styling within, and it's quite tedious to create the responsive image layouts in the top sections.

If interested, here is the custom CSS, which also includes lots of styles unrelated to the index page:
https://www.photo.gallery/content/custo ... e.1.12.css
You can view it un-minified with this tool.

Here's the content HTML/markdown for the index page:
https://gist.github.com/mjau-mjau/946e4 ... 1eea0402d0

Probably a bit too much, but it will give you an idea ...

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

20 Sep 2018, 03:02

mjau-mjau wrote: I would like to offer a tutorial on how to create advanced content sections like this one day, but for now, it's too much to get into detail. Essentially, it's the CONTEXT module set to WIDE (100% screen width), and then using the custom html foundation grids within to create sections. There is also lists, SVG's and lots of custom CSS to the styling within, and it's quite tedious to create the responsive image layouts in the top sections.

If interested, here is the custom CSS, which also includes lots of styles unrelated to the index page:
https://www.photo.gallery/content/custo ... e.1.12.css
You can view it un-minified with this tool.

Here's the content HTML/markdown for the index page:
https://gist.github.com/mjau-mjau/946e4 ... 1eea0402d0

Probably a bit too much, but it will give you an idea ...
You were right on the comlexity :) but I'm going to have a look and try some things...
Thnx!

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

20 Sep 2018, 06:02

Martin wrote: You were right on the comlexity :) but I'm going to have a look and try some things...
Thnx!
I'm starting to see the logic in the HTML&CSS ... internet searches are helpful too...
So, it will take some time but I'm confident I'm going to make something out of it :wink:
Thnx for this example code, I would never have been able to write it from scratch...

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Sep 2018, 14:10

Hi Karl,
I was determined to solve it myself, but after a couple of days searching and trying I give up.
On the home-page of your 'www.photo.gallery' the position of the content is at the start of the page.
On my test-home-page the content starts about half the menu. 
Screenprints:

I used the Page Intro because of the Overlay Menu, but that only  positioned the content a little bit higher.

Deleting  the index-intro class positions the content to the top of page, but then, of course, the black/green formatting is gone.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 Sep 2018, 23:49

Martin, you have done well by getting this far. I spent perhaps 1-2 weeks creating the custom front page, and it's harder for you since you have to understand the CSS codes that someone else wrote. Keep in mind, the complex custom header/graphics was tweaked specifically for the text/image we are using.

As far as I can see, you have the image intro plugin enabled, set to height:0, but it is adding some padding.

We do not use the image intro plugin on that page, although we may be using some of the CSS directly in the custom content. When I remove the empty image-intro plugin, it seems to work fine:

For your convenience, I have uploaded the entire www.photo.gallery for you:
www.photo.gallery.25.sep.2018.zip [50MB]

It only contains the /content/ and /config/ directories, so you will need to have X3 installed. Simply replace the existing /content/ and /config/ dirs.

Martin
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Sep 2018, 04:13

mjau-mjau wrote: For your convenience, I have uploaded the entire www.photo.gallery for you:
www.photo.gallery.25.sep.2018.zip [50MB]

It only contains the /content/ and /config/ directories, so you will need to have X3 installed. Simply replace the existing /content/ and /config/ dirs.
Hi Karl,

Found it! 
Thnx a lot for uploading the zip-file. 

By comparing my settings and those of 'www.photo.gallery' I found the difference.
On 'page/advanced/page body classes' the class 'menu-absolute' has to be entered.

The funny thing is that I already tried this, but not in combination with a deactivated 'page-intro' plugin... in which case nothing changed.
Besides, somewhere in the forums I found that the 'menu-absolute-x' options were obsolete, so I didn't look further in that direction.

But... another one hits the dust... and I'm going on ;)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Sep 2018, 08:30

Martin wrote:Besides, somewhere in the forums I found that the 'menu-absolute-x' options were obsolete, so I didn't look further in that direction.
Obsolete in terms that X3 users should not have to relate to it ;) It's still a class we use internally for various intro-plugins.