Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

yaya
Topic Author

x3 Gallery with external Storage

25 May 2018, 02:48

Hi,

I am looking for a possibility to include external storage for x3 gallery.

In my case, I am hosting my x3 gallery @home, but my upload is not enought for 3000+ pictures. The best would be somekind of uploading pictures to Google-Drive or Onedrive - and x3 Gallery is loading pictures from there.

Any ideas?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: x3 Gallery with external Storage

25 May 2018, 03:20

yaya wrote:The best would be somekind of uploading pictures to Google-Drive or Onedrive - and x3 Gallery is loading pictures from there.
This is not possible. X3 needs to be able to "see" the pictures and folders so it can output them to pages. How is it supposed to read the folders and photos of they are stored somewhere else?

X3 already supports CDN (settings > Advanced), where you can assign a content delivery service to serve files. Originals will still need to be pulled from the origin server though, as this is how CDN's work.
yaya wrote:In my case, I am hosting my x3 gallery @home, but my upload is not enought for 3000+ pictures.
Really surprised to hear something like this. 3000+ images? That might be what 3GB? You don't have that space at home? 2000 GB hard drives are cheap. Also, most professional hosting solutions already offer UNLIMITED storage even for the cheap plans. Even the cheapest hosting solution plans often offer at least 10 GB, normally 100 GB.

This is 2018. I am struggling to see how storage is an issue, ESPECIALLY if you are hosting at home.

yaya
Topic Author

Re: x3 Gallery with external Storage

25 May 2018, 03:31

i will take a look at CDN, thank you!

hmm...at least the storage is not the problem, only the upload-rate ;-)