X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

rokudamerlin
Experienced
Topic Author

cloudflare cookie

03 May 2018, 13:29

hi, 
i have see the x3 use "cloudflare cookie" .. for what it this ?

i write now my Data prodection and the new law in germany whant more Transparenty for Websites .. 

hope my english is good for help me

greez

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: cloudflare cookie

03 May 2018, 13:51

rokudamerlin wrote:i have see the x3 use "cloudflare cookie" .. for what it this ?
Where do you see this? Perhaps you are using Cloudflare? Screenshot please, or I can't help. X3 doesn't set any cookies, so this is your website using Cloudflare, or another external plugin you are using.

X3 uses localStorage, to store data on the VISITORS computer FOR the visitor. For example cached pages for faster loading. That's it.
i write now my Data prodection and the new law in germany whant more Transparenty for Websites ..
This new law is about the data you RECEIVE from visitors, and how you store it.

rokudamerlin
Experienced
Topic Author

04 May 2018, 06:29

facebook in the list is ok ..i use it but ..the cloudflare not .. its a tool for browser for informations over the website ..

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?fi ... 429776.jpg
VektorStyle.de
Graphic - Web - Printdesign | X3

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 May 2018, 03:01

Sorry for the late reply. My MacBook is for repair, so only got iPad for a couple,of days. I can check in detail when I get my MacBook back in Thursday next week, until then, I can say this though:

This cookie is NOT set on your website. It is set on a JavaScript resource loaded by the website from Cloudflare. Your tool only reports it being set because it gets cookies from ALL requests, even those that are NOT to your website, like this one.

As you know, Cloudflare is a CDN Service, which is used by X3 for example to load photoswipe. Of course, this cookie ONLY gets set for the single JavaScript loading, and has nothing to do with the website itself. https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... cookie-do-. The cookie gets set for the JavaScript, NOT for the website ... 

X3, apart from the panel login, doesn’t use or need cookies. Even if it did, cookies only store visitor data in the visitors browser.