Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

gand
Topic Author

Thumbnails not fully uploaded

15 Mar 2018, 04:54

Hi

Some of the thumbnails are not fully uploaded, see attachment.
I have tried to delete the image and upload it again several times, with the same result. When I click on the thumbnail, the image is displayed fine.

Any clues?

Rgds
Gert
Attachments
Half.jpg
Half.jpg (71.74 KiB) Viewed 2567 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Thumbnails not fully uploaded

15 Mar 2018, 07:35

Do you have a direct link to the page with this image? It is not clear to me if 1) The image load does not complete or 2) The resized image is corrupted.

I am guessing it is 2), and if so, this would suggest that maybe your original image is corrupted. It means the PHP resize function fails somewhere when creating the resized image. If it happens consistently, it is either a corrupt original image or something with server. I can check if you have the link.

gand
Topic Author

18 Mar 2018, 01:10

Hi

II have done some tests and it seems that the problem is solved by:

1) Create a new folder
2) Move the entire folder to the new folder
3) Delete the old folder
4) Create a new folder
5) Move all the images back to this folder

All thumbnails are now built correctly.

This must also mean that the images were built correctly in the first place. I have also tried downloading the affected images with FTP and they were ok. I do not know where thumbnails are saved, so I have not checked them.

I have tried this 2 times and it worked both times.

Some good ideas about what's going on.

Rgds
Gert

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 Mar 2018, 02:48

Ok. I can't really say more unless I had a link to a page with a corrupted image.

Based on your explanation, it sounds to me like the resized images were corrupted when they were created (cached) ... and now, when recreated, they work fine. This would suggest a temporary server issue while the corrupted resized images were previously created.

gand
Topic Author

18 Mar 2018, 02:55

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response and your explanation, I'll send you a PM next time it occurs.

Rgds
Gert