Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

lucaonline
Topic Author

two questions: Download-Button for entire Gallery etc.

28 Nov 2017, 09:10

Hello,

i have a few questions :)

1. is it possible to place a download-button for the whole gallery, not just for a single picture?
2. I have created a password protected Gallery. Now i want to disable the Logo and the menu-button. I just need a clear password protected gallery without anything else :)

thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: two questions: Download-Button for entire Gallery etc.

28 Nov 2017, 10:32

lucaonline wrote:1. is it possible to place a download-button for the whole gallery, not just for a single picture?
You mean download all images in a gallery as ZIP? This has already been requested, and there should be an option for this in next major release. In the meantime, you could always zip the images yourself and upload the zip file as explained here.
lucaonline wrote:2. I have created a password protected Gallery. Now i want to disable the Logo and the menu-button. I just need a clear password protected gallery without anything else :)
Are you using latest X3.24? If so, go to the page settings "page" tab > advanced, and add "no-header" tag:
You can also add "no-footer" if you want to remove the footer for this page.

If you are on X3.23 or earlier, you can find the same settings in page > "details".

lucaonline
Topic Author

29 Nov 2017, 02:19

thanks a lot! :) it works  :thumbsup:

lucaonline
Topic Author

16 Dec 2017, 19:41

additional question :)

how can I change the background color of each page? Do I have to enter a css code?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Dec 2017, 21:44

lucaonline wrote:how can I change the background color of each page? Do I have to enter a css code?
There is already page settings > Plugins > Background, which allows you to set a gradient, image or color:
I would be cautious about using this unless you have planned the design properly, as it will affect all elements that display on page.

DirkM

29 Dec 2017, 10:44

Hi,

with regard to the "download topic" ... how can I make downloading photos disable (when right klick on a picture)?

I am using X3.23.0

KR Dirk

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Dec 2017, 22:50

DirkM wrote:with regard to the "download topic" ... how can I make downloading photos disable (when right klick on a picture)?
Go to settings > Advanced > Block image downloads.
DirkM wrote:I am using X3.23.0
In X3.23.0, the above setting was called "Prevent image right-click", but why don't you upgrade to latest release? Just go to tools > X3 updates and click "update now".

lucaonline
Topic Author

07 May 2018, 09:24

mjau-mjau wrote:
lucaonline wrote:2. I have created a password protected Gallery. Now i want to disable the Logo and the menu-button. I just need a clear password protected gallery without anything else :)
Are you using latest X3.24? If so, go to the page settings "page" tab > advanced, and add "no-header" tag:
You can also add "no-footer" if you want to remove the footer for this page.

If you are on X3.23 or earlier, you can find the same settings in page > "details".
unfortunately this is not working for me anymore...
i`ve changed the layout of the page. now i have a sidebar. i even tried "no-sidebar" "hide-sidebar" but i still can see it...
any idea? im ging to send you the link in private

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 May 2018, 12:14

These special classes don’t work for the sidebar layout unfortunately, because the sidebar isn’t really a “header”.

I think it can be achieved with some custom CSS though. My iMac and MacBook are both for repair at this moment, so I will have to look into a solution when I get MacBook back from repair, hopefully tomorrow.

lucaonline
Topic Author

07 May 2018, 14:29

mjau-mjau wrote: These special classes don’t work for the sidebar layout unfortunately, because the sidebar isn’t really a “header”.

I think it can be achieved with some custom CSS though. My iMac and MacBook are both for repair at this moment, so I will have to look into a solution when I get MacBook back from repair, hopefully tomorrow.
thank you :)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 May 2018, 13:44

This solution to hide the sidebar is a bit hacky, but should work. Go to Settings > Custom > Custom CSS, and add the following:
@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
 body.no-sidebar .header {
   display: none !important;
 }
}
Then, navigate to the page where you want to hide the sidebar, Page > Advanced > Page Body Classes, and type in "no-sidebar":

lucaonline
Topic Author

09 May 2018, 02:07

:grinning: thank you  :thumbsup:

raffi
Experienced

09 Jun 2019, 19:30

Hi there !

1/ My case quite similar, and I think you already helped me and fixed that...  maybe 6 or 7 years ago 🤫
Not sure, but I find this in the toolbar options 
Code
    {
      "id": "download",
      "icon": "download",
      "label": "Download",
      "url": "{{raw_image_url}}"
    }
But no more working, maybe next to last major change (but honestly, I didn't check that point for a while)

Currently: I have disabled right clic from panel to disallow any download from my public X3 pages, and I would like to allow people in private gallery to have a button in order to download the photo they would like to (just the current picture, not the entire gallery).

Would love to hear that there is a solution that won't need to be configured for each private folders, but single change that can be global for all private galleries.
In case you need to have a look to my account, I send you in a second via MP my login info.

2/Where can I edit the list of social networks  items from the sidebar ? When I try to comment line from Settings > Toolbar > Items it looks like this doesn't affect the list item.
Can't also find how to disable it.

Thanks mjau-mjau !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jun 2019, 22:28

Hi Raffi,
raffi wrote:1/ My case quite similar, and I think you already helped me and fixed that...  maybe 6 or 7 years ago 🤫
Not sure, but I find this in the toolbar options 
Code
    {
      "id": "download",
      "icon": "download",
      "label": "Download",
      "url": "{{raw_image_url}}"
    }
But no more working, maybe next to last major change (but honestly, I didn't check that point for a while)
Since "download" is only applicable to single files, this option under toolbar settings would ONLY apply for the sharing options available from the POPUP window (toolbar and popup share options). Not from a PAGE, since you cannot "download a page" technically speaking. Furthermore, since it is a global setting, and since you have blocked downloads (from panel), then this download option is automatically disabled ... I mean, what would be the point of blocking downloads if you add the download button globally?
raffi wrote:Currently: I have disabled right clic from panel to disallow any download from my public X3 pages, and I would like to allow people in private gallery to have a button in order to download the photo they would like to (just the current picture, not the entire gallery).

Would love to hear that there is a solution that won't need to be configured for each private folders, but single change that can be global for all private galleries.
Since protected folders are nothing more than password-protected folders, they won't automatically interfere with your page/gallery settings. I wrote a post about how to include download links specifically for SOME galleries:
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=9235

You cannot automatically include download options for password-protected galleries, but it would take less than 30 seconds to include a download-buttons for specific galleries (password-protected or not).
raffi wrote:2/Where can I edit the list of social networks  items from the sidebar ? When I try to comment line from Settings > Toolbar > Items it looks like this doesn't affect the list item.
You can't comment out code in Settings > Toolbar > Items, because it is JSON data format. Commenting out code, or breaking the syntax would probably break the page. If you are making edits and don't see any changes, there must be something else wrong. Adding your own social media links, or other links into the toolbar is quite well documented from within the gallery (click the ?help button):
X3 panel help wrote:Toolbar Items
The toolbar items are intended for social sharing, but can also be used for custom links or custom content opened in the X3 popup window. Select items to display, create new items, or change the order. You can set your own labels, colors and icons from Font-Awesome.

JSON Configuration
The items configuration is a JSON object, and must be syntactically correct. If you get a red warning in the left margin, it means there is something wrong and the config will be corrupted. Be sure to wrap all "keys" and "values" inside double-quotes, and all items (except the last), should be followed by a comma.

Item

"id" : "facebook"
ID is just an identifier for the item, and has no function except for some special built-in items like the main share button, email, comments and download. ID must always be populated.

"icon" : "facebook"
Select any icon to use from Font-Awesome.

"label" : "Share on Facebook"
The text to display on item mouse hover, in the overlay-popup and in the X3 popup.

"url" : "https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer. ... Burl%7D%7D"
URL for the item. Can be a social sharing endpoint, which requires using one or more of the sharing variables %7B%7Burl%7D%7D %7B%7Btext%7D%7D, or can be a plain link to another web page or a popup.

"color" : "#3b5998"
Set the color for the icon. This setting is not required for the default items already included, as they are hardcoded into the X3 stylesheet. Only use this for new links and services, or if you want to override a color.

"display" : "page|overlay|popup"
Optional setting to only show the item in one or more modes: page, overlay or popup. Useful for creating items that only display in specific modes. Ignore this setting, or leave empty if you want the item to display in all modes. You can add multiple items: for example display:'page|overlay' will the popup.

"target" : "window"
Sets the target for the item click. By default, target is set to 'window', which opens a plain browser popup window, necessary for sharing services. However, you can open custom links or even custom content directly in the beautiful native X3 popup window. Additionally, you can simply open links in _blank or _self browser window.

"content" : "<h2>Lorem Ipsum</h2><p>Pellentesque euismod.</p>"
Instead of assigning an URL, you can add content directly in the items content setting. This setting forces target:'popup', and will display the data from content directly in the popup window.

"popup_class" : "some-custom-class"
Custom wrapper class for the native X3 popup window when using target:'popup'. This is an advanced setting for those who want to assign a custom CSS class to style your own content inside the native X3 popup window.

Share URL Variables
If you are adding a new sharing service link, you will first need to locate the specific services endpoint. After slight modification, you can then add the sharing endpoint to your items URL setting.

{{url}} - Encoded url to current page
{{text}} - Title of page
{{description}} - Description of page
{{image_url}} - Encoded image url
{{raw_image_url}} - Raw image url
{{path}} - Relative path to current folder
{{file_name}} - File name without extension
{{file_name_ext}} - File name with extension

For example, Twitter's sharing endpoint looks like this:
https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text=T ... L_TO_SHARE

Therefore, the URL to be added for the twitter item should look like this:
url:"https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?text={ ... &url={{url}}"
raffi wrote:Can't also find how to disable it.
Disable the entire toolbar? Or remove an item in the toolbar? You can easily disable the toolbar by de-selecting "enabled", or remove an item by removing the entire option block from items:

Mike_Chandler

25 Aug 2019, 00:29

Just wondering if there's been any developments in the download button item in the past couple of years