Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: two questions: Download-Button for entire Gallery etc.

25 Aug 2019, 01:39

I will add this feature to next X3 release, probably within a months time. There are some pitfalls and security concerns with this feature that need to be taken into consideration. It requires your server to be capable of adding a large (potentially massive) amount of images into a zip file in real-time on request, and we must prevent the script from being abused.

In the meantime, you can:
  1. Select (check) all items in a page from panel.
  2. Click "zip" to create a zip archive from the selected items.
  3. Add a download button on the page <a href="{{path}}archive.zip" download>Download</a>

Mike_Chandler

26 Aug 2019, 14:01

I followed these steps, it downloaded, but wouldn't extract, what format does it Zip the files into? The Native windows extractor failed, but a great little tool I have 7-zip did it just fine, hmm, interesting.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Aug 2019, 00:19

Mike_Chandler wrote:The Native windows extractor failed, but a great little tool I have 7-zip did it just fine, hmm, interesting.
What error did you get? It could be your Windows doesn't like the relative paths created by linux servers (starting with /), but I never heard this reported before. We use PHP ZipArchive, which is the standard method to compress files into a zip archive from server.

Mike_Chandler

27 Aug 2019, 00:43

Just an unable to extract that's all, I'm happy to open a third party software to do it, it's more my clients for now that need to use it

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Aug 2019, 01:10

Mike_Chandler wrote: Just an unable to extract that's all, I'm happy to open a third party software to do it, it's more my clients for now that need to use it
Thanks for reporting. It could be something with how the local paths are created inside the zip that may cause issues in some versions of Windows.

Zorugal

27 Feb 2020, 08:27

mjau-mjau wrote: I will add this feature to next X3 release, probably within a months time. There are some pitfalls and security concerns with this feature that need to be taken into consideration. It requires your server to be capable of adding a large (potentially massive) amount of images into a zip file in real-time on request, and we must prevent the script from being abused.
Hi!
Any news regarding this?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Feb 2020, 03:24

Zorugal wrote:Any news regarding this?
Sorry, not yet, because I was busy with Files app, which will become new panel 2.0. I will look into it shortly after an X3 maintenance release. In the meantime, you would have to use the workaround:
mjau-mjau wrote:
  1. Select (check) all items in a page from panel.
  2. Click "zip" to create a zip archive from the selected items.
  3. Add a download button on the page <a href="{{path}}archive.zip" download>Download</a>

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Mar 2020, 21:41

This issue should be resolved in latest X3.28.0 release. It seems that Windows OS did not like the zip-relative paths starting with /.