X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

laxina
Experienced
Topic Author

keywords

09 Aug 2017, 06:27

Hi Karl,

I added some keywords in  panel/setting/custom/Custom<head>,  but the keywords show not at the top of the webpage  ,  does it effect google search?   

thanks 

Leon
Last edited by laxina on 15 Aug 2017, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: keywords

09 Aug 2017, 10:06

No it doesn't affect SEO. Why would it? Unlike human-readable page content, your keywords META tag is the keywords meta tag no matter if it is at bottom of page or top of page. But more importantly: Why bother with keywords? Search engines simply don't use the keywords tag, and that's why it's not a setting in X3.

Read my post here:
https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.p ... 296#p42188

If your pages are already ranking well, this is because of existing human-readable quality content in your pages, as well as website "authority" and incoming links. Not keywords meta tag.

laxina
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Aug 2017, 02:57

Hi Karl,

thanks, I am not very familiar with the website stuff. my website had a good ranking, it was in the first page of google , after change to X3, I can't even find my website with searching the same key words. 

Best

Leon

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Aug 2017, 05:56

laxina wrote:thanks, I am not very familiar with the website stuff. my website had a good ranking, it was in the first page of google , after change to X3, I can't even find my website with searching the same key words. 
It's is normal that a website may temporarily vanish from Google search after launching a new website, but it will eventually re-appear. There is no technical or logical reason your website should not rank as well with X3, as long as you have kept same/similar pages/url's with same/similar text content.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Aug 2017, 06:03

Also, what is the website in mention here? I remember you had a temporary website centurionartdev.com, and if that website contains the same website as your new domain nxastudios.com, you are asking for trouble. Google will see this as a "duplicate" website, any may penalize both websites ... At best, you are confusing Google about which website is the main owner of the content. Right now, search "NXA studios", returns centurionartdev.com:

Solution
Add a REDIRECT from centurionartdev.com to nxastudios.com ASAP. This issue could easily be one of the reasons your website has temporarily vanished from search. You are not making it easy for Google by having two duplicate websites. Which one should it target for searches?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Aug 2017, 06:05

Furthermore, I am curious to know, on what domain was the previous website hosted where you had "good ranking"? It seems Google thinks centurionartdev.com is the main website for NXA Studios. You can't just switch domains and expect search results to immediately inherit across domains.

laxina
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Aug 2017, 06:12

Hi Karl,

thanks for the detail answer, nxastudios.com had good ranking, but nxastudios was a sub-domain of the hosting, its primary domain was centurionartdev.com.  I just switched this this week. does it effect the ranking?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Aug 2017, 06:25

laxina wrote:but nxastudios was a sub-domain of the hosting, its primary domain was centurionartdev.com.
This doesn't matter. Google doesn't know what is your "primary domain" or "sub-domain", and this is just a reference system in your hosting account. A SUBDOMAIN is subdomain.centurionartdev.com ... Both your domains are standalone domains, and Google doesn't know and doesn't care which one is defined as "primary domain" in your hosting.
laxina wrote:I just switched this this week. does it effect the ranking?
Switched what? Switching websites can affect ranking temporarily, but you have more critical issues:

You need to redirect from centurionartdev.com to nxastudios.com. How is Google supposed to know what the website for NXA studios is if you have two websites that promote the same?

laxina
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Aug 2017, 06:30

sorry for the confusing, I set up the nxastudios.com as the primary domain of hosting.

and with your advice, I just  set up the redirect centurionartdev.com to nxastudios.com ,thanks a lot