Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Johnyw
Topic Author

Get Started with x3

13 Jul 2017, 03:02

Hello and good morning,
I am new to this forum, and I try to get started with x3. I downloaded and installed the demo version because I want to try before I buy.
At first sight, managing and setup look rather confusing to me, I do not know how to get started, so I wonder, is there some kind of "get started" or a manual available?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Get Started with x3

13 Jul 2017, 03:38

Unfortunately there is no additional documentation at this point, although we are planning to have a video tutorial available soon. Ultimately, X3 only seems more complicated than it really is, because there are many settings (that most don't really need). When starting, you should perhaps focus on what you want to achieve, instead of trying to figure out what everything does. I would suggest this:
  • In "manage", the left menu is your website menu. You can simply create pages here, which represent your website menu structure. I believe that part should be clear?
  • For each page you create, there is a "gallery" tab where you can upload photos. Ultimately, it's that simple: Create a page, upload photos.
  • Each page also has a settings tab, where you can add title, content and also tweak hundres of settings related to advanced features. It is not necessary to master all the settings, but being a modern gallery, we wanted to support everything in X3.
  • You can change the STYLE of your website from main Settings > Style. Likely you would want to click the "gears" icon bottom right corner of your website first to preview styles.
Sorry things are not easier. If you have specific requests, I would be happy to answer. You won't learn X3 in just a few hours, but you can start creating pages and uploading images, and view the showcase to consider additional features you may wish to implement.

Johnyw
Topic Author

Re: Get Started with x3

13 Jul 2017, 03:42

Thanks, I lot, I give it a try