Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

oneANT
Experienced
Topic Author

Image Margins (scaling)

02 Jul 2017, 21:12

I am allowed to ask one stupid question a year and so I wish to spend my stupidity now ....

How can I scale down, minimise, the size of the displayed image, the full screen image is perfect but in the page-display gallery my 1600px photographs butt against the top and bottom of the screen and the edges of the photographs disappear under the 12% black. I would want those images to be a good 30% smaller and the full screen to stay as they are.

Oh, and a quick word, the php installer said ..."hang on" as it installed and to be honest I have been hanging on since I installed X3, OMG X3 is so amazing, head rush stuff, stunning and so happy to see my photographs and imagevuex again (am such a suck)

oneANT
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Image Margins (scaling)

02 Jul 2017, 21:19

oh and one thing ....the scroll up (in the footer) could it be made to be lit by colour by default, instead of lit by mouse-over. It is not easy to see using dark and twilight and reversing the rule makes it the same as scroll down.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

03 Jul 2017, 04:03

oneANT wrote:I am allowed to ask one stupid question a year and so I wish to spend my stupidity now ....
:laughing:
oneANT wrote:How can I scale down, minimise, the size of the displayed image, the full screen image is perfect but in the page-display gallery my 1600px photographs butt against the top and bottom of the screen and the edges of the photographs disappear under the 12% black. I would want those images to be a good 30% smaller and the full screen to stay as they are.
Sorry, but do you speak of the X3 popup (when visitor clicks an image) or the Intro slideshow module? Perhaps you have a link and reference? I am a bit bewildered by "the full screen image is perfect but in the page-display gallery my 1600px photographs butt against the top and bottom of the screen and the edges of the photographs disappear under the 12% black". That sounds a bit like the "slideshow intro" to me ... in which case, the point of this module is to create a teaser where the menu/logo displays OVER the image, that works nicely with the design of the page ... It's not strictly the best way for visitors to view an image, but it's a good compromise as an intro to the website or a page. Perhaps you can clarify?
oneANT wrote:Oh, and a quick word, the php installer said ..."hang on" as it installed and to be honest I have been hanging on since I installed X3, OMG X3 is so amazing, head rush stuff, stunning and so happy to see my photographs and imagevuex again (am such a suck)
First I thought you meant you were "hanging on" forever, as the installer never finished :upside_down: but I figured this was as a compliment. Thanks!
oneANT wrote:oh and one thing ....the scroll up (in the footer) could it be made to be lit by colour by default, instead of lit by mouse-over. It is not easy to see using dark and twilight and reversing the rule makes it the same as scroll down.
I guess this is simply a question of design/usability aesthetics and personal opinion. The more buttons we have in strong colors, the more chaotic the interface becomes, and I prefer to reserve strong "look-at-me" colors for crucial elements. It certainly wouldn't hurt much to change the style/color of the scroll up button though ... You can customize it from panel settings > custom > custom CSS:
Code
.footer .up button {
  color: #78a642;
  background-color: #FFFFFF;
}
Edit the color codes above obviously.

oneANT
Experienced
Topic Author

04 Jul 2017, 07:41

You were right, was slideshow turned on also I changed from 1600px to 1300

Thanks too for the colour code for the scroll ...all going well.