X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

laxina
Experienced
Topic Author

footer icons background color

24 May 2017, 03:16

Hi Karl,

I'd like to place a couple of our partners' logo at the webpage footer,   and I'd like to change the background color of the icons  to transparent, or some other color I prefer,  is it possible?

as you can see, the micosoft logo is a bit strange with the round shape. so I want to remove the background color.

thanks

Leon  
Attachments
2017524-151154.jpg
2017524-151154.jpg (7.53 KiB) Viewed 2002 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: footer icons background color

24 May 2017, 06:06

laxina wrote:I'd like to place a couple of our partners' logo at the webpage footer
That is not a problem at all, but keep in mind the icon-buttons section in footer is specifically designed for a single icon (font-awesome font icon) without text. If you want to add text and images into an "icon-button", it will look strange (like in your screenshot). Normally, you would add custom text/image links BELOW the icon-buttons ... Why not just add your Microsoft text/image below footer-icons instead of trying to get the icon-buttons to do something they are not for? Feel free to proceed as you wish, if you think it works inside an icon-button.
laxina wrote:I'd like to change the background color of the icons  to transparent, or some other color I prefer,  is it possible?
Only with custom CSS, although it seems a bit unproductive to nullify the design of the icon-buttons, then why use them in the first place?
Code
.icon-buttons a {
  background: none !important;
}

laxina
Experienced
Topic Author

24 May 2017, 06:20

Hi Karl, 
Why not just add your Microsoft text/image below footer-icons instead of trying to get the icon-buttons to do something they are not for?
the reason is i don't know how to make the the zoom in effect of the image hover , please forgive me, I am just an artist. code is new world for me  :upside_down:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

24 May 2017, 10:56

:grinning: :thumbsup: