X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

MarcoF
Experienced
Topic Author

SEO

02 May 2017, 11:12

Hello,

in Comparison to the Joomla Seo, do have the x3 a better seo functionality than the older versions?
The Seo options in the old imagevuex versions was not a good ranking compared to the same content in Joomla articles.

Maybe thats a strange question/comparison. But i dont wanna fall in google rank by using the x3 instead of joomla 3.0

Or is there any possibility to add gallery folders in my joomla blog posts as  a module  via  {content-gallery}?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: SEO

02 May 2017, 11:49

MarcoF wrote:in Comparison to the Joomla Seo, do have the x3 a better seo functionality than the older versions?
Yes, X3 is built from scratch with best intentions in mind for SEO. X3 should easily match Joomla or any other CMS in terms of SEO. I would be happy to explain more technical details specifically on request.
MarcoF wrote:The Seo options in the old imagevuex versions was not a good ranking compared to the same content in Joomla articles.
The old X2 was not good for SEO at all, especially since it was a flash-application. This is one of many reasons we have moved forward with the new X3.
MarcoF wrote:Maybe thats a strange question/comparison. But i dont wanna fall in google rank by using the x3 instead of joomla 3.0
It's a perfectly valid question. X3 should give you optimal foundation for SEO, as long as you create pages with good names, and carefully populate titles, descriptions and content properly.
MarcoF wrote:Or is there any possibility to add gallery folders in my joomla blog posts as  a module  via  {content-gallery}?
Unfortunately no, X3 is a standalone website application. We have played with the idea of making an embeddable module, but basically it would then have nothing to do with the current X3 application as it exists. To embed into pages, we can't really use any styles, and it would just be another gallery-plugin (which there already exists many of for Joomla).

MarcoF
Experienced
Topic Author

24 Jul 2017, 05:56

are "Keywords" and "description" with title not the current best way for seo?

I dont have a photo Website. I do have a danceschool Website. And i also use easysocial, but i dont know whats the best solution. I do use the old imagevuex for the galleries. I bought 2 times now the imagevuex .  I am not sure :-(

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

25 Jul 2017, 00:41

MarcoF wrote:are "Keywords" and "description" with title not the current best way for seo?
Title
Title is the number 1 most important element in terms of SEO. X3 uses it to populate the <title></title> meta tag, and it is also used for the main <h1></h1> page title.

Keywords
If you are referring to the keywords meta tag, this is ignored by search engines since many years ago [ref1][ref2], and therefore it is not included as an option in X3. If you are referring to "keywords" just as a general term, then yes you should focus on related keywords both in title and page content (if applicable).

Description
The description meta tag is mostly ignored by search engines for page-ranking [ref]. However, since search engines use it in the "description" when it is listed in search engines, it is still important. Furthermore, X3 adds the description into the <h2></h2> page subtitle, and therefore it becomes a valid part of your page text SEO anyway.

Apart from the above, SEO is affected by the following:
  • Page text content should be original, well written for humans, and contain non-spammy keywords/phrases related to the page.
  • Website page loading speed. You ranking will be penalized if page loads slow.
  • Put your website on SSL (https) for minor ranking boost.
Then, there are the very important "outside" factors:
  • Your website's general "authority", which decides how high a page may rank for a specific search request. A website like bbc.com will obviously rank high.
  • Incoming links. Having incoming links from related pages with authority will boost your SEO.
You cannot "optimize" the two factors above from within your website. Ultimately, these factors are what SEO is all about, and what SEO professionals deal with. You need to maintain a high quality website (content), and attempt to get incoming links from other websites (good ones), and from social media.
MarcoF wrote:I dont have a photo Website. I do have a danceschool Website. And i also use easysocial, but i dont know whats the best solution. I do use the old imagevuex for the galleries. I bought 2 times now the imagevuex .  I am not sure :-(
Not quite sure what the question is :smiley: and I am not sure what "easysocial" is, but it doesn't sound like anything that will benefit your SEO much. X2 was awful for SEO, because it is based on SWF/Flash, which doesn't contain "pages", and "content" is not indexable for search engines. X3 is optimized for SEO, but X3 itself can only "optimize" the website itself for SEO ... Your ranking will ultimately depend on the quality of text/content you add, and the authority of your website and incoming links (basically referred to as "SEO", Search Engine Optimization).