X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

pixelup
Topic Author

Loading a gallery on mobile

27 Mar 2017, 08:44

Hello and sorry for my English.
I am using Google Translate

I'm doing test with the evaluation version. I have not yet buy a license.

When I look at a gallery from a mobile, depending on the loading time, the first picture may take a long time to display. Is it possible to put the animated gif to show that loading is doing this?

Thank you for your reply

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Loading a gallery on mobile

28 Mar 2017, 01:14

pixelup wrote:When I look at a gallery from a mobile, depending on the loading time, the first picture may take a long time to display. Is it possible to put the animated gif to show that loading is doing this?
When you say "first picture", you mean in the slideshow? The question is: How large (file size) are the images you have uploaded there? There is already a "preloader icon" in the slideshow. The amount of time it takes to load the images, is 100% relative to the original file size, and the speed of your mobile device connection.

What is the link so I can take a look? Does the first picture load slow on mobile also in our demo gallery?

pixelup
Topic Author

28 Mar 2017, 01:31

Thank you for your reply !

The images have an average weight of 600 KB to 900 KB and I have on average between 100 and 250 images in a gallery
Here is the link to the gallery
Http://galerie-photo.trophee-serrechevalier.com/

Thank you for your reply

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Mar 2017, 04:48

First of all, I checked your website from mobile here, and it loaded instantly ... Also the first image. Perhaps everything loaded within 1-2 seconds. When tested from Pingdom, the website loads at 2.92 seconds, and has a score A 95:
https://tools.pingdom.com/#!/eMjKF/http ... alier.com/

There is nothing wrong with loading on mobile ... You should probably try again. Keep in mind, the FIRST time you view newly uploaded images (from another device), your server will need to resize the images for the first time before storing the image in the X3 image cache. Therefore, images load slower when visiting  pages with new images. Also, image-sizes loaded on mobile are different from image-sizes loaded on desktop, and therefore, will need to get processed separately on server when visited first time on mobile.

HOWEVER, I am wondering, if you are doing evaluation, why are you using the very very old X3 0.15? We are currently on X3 0.22, and specifically X3 0.18 had a lot of speed improvements. You really should be using a new version of X3, which has improved tremendously since your X3 0.15.

pixelup
Topic Author

28 Mar 2017, 12:03

thank you for your reply. Could you give me the procedure to move to the new version?

thank you

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

28 Mar 2017, 23:58

I would just use the default UPGRADE procedure, and then you will have to amend a few things (which should be fine since the website is clearly under development):

Upgrade
  • Download from same link as before, either x3.latest.zip or x3.latest.nocontent.zip. It is recommended to download the "nocontent" version if you are upgrading, as this does not contain all the sample content.
  • Unpack the downloaded Zip file.
  • Upload everything EXCEPT /content/ and /config/, overwriting existing files.
  • Remember to update the root .htaccess file, as this is required for for the audio player and a few other things.
Post here after you have upgraded, and there may be a few small things to fix.

pixelup
Topic Author

29 Mar 2017, 02:41

Ok,
I'm trying to test with the new update (on a new URL) but when I try to save, I get the following message: Error -> textStatus: parsererror ??

Thank

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Mar 2017, 03:36

What is the link? The link you provided earlier still shows X3 version 0.15.

pixelup
Topic Author

29 Mar 2017, 03:49

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

29 Mar 2017, 05:07

Thanks. Please can you send me login to the panel per private message so I can take a look?