Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

prouddaughter
Topic Author

Windows server?

15 Mar 2017, 06:42

Hi: One concern after reading more about version 3 - I run a windows server, am I going to have problems either upgrading to this version on two of my sites, and/or installing for a new client? I want to make sure before I purchase a copy for this client. 

I DO have the proper PHP version, etc.

Thanks,

prouddaughter
Topic Author

Re: Windows server?

15 Mar 2017, 06:51

Do your recommend that I try the trial version first, before fully implementing? 

prouddaughter
Topic Author

15 Mar 2017, 08:31

Okay uploaded the trial. At first received this message:

X3 Diagnostics v.0.22.5
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]Once critical issues are resolved, proceed to Panel › settings › settings and disable diagnostics.
Critical Issues
Can't detect mod_rewrite
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]We cannot seem to detect the mod_rewrite extension on your server. This extension is necessary in X3 for links to work, and for resized images to load. There is a small chance your server has this extension, but we cannot detect it - You can check for this extension by going to Panel › tools › phpinfo, and searching the text for "mod_rewrite". If you are 100% certain your server has mod_rewrite, you can try to to add the following line to your root .htaccess file:
[/color][/size][/color]
Code
RewriteBase /x3

Warnings
Default Panel Login
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]It seems you are using the default Panel login. Please go to X3 Panel › settings › panel, and change the username- and password to secure your website.

Non-Apache Server
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]It seems you are running a different server than standard Apache. Imagevue X3 normally works fine under other environments like Win IIS and Nginx, but the custom [/color][/color]
Code
.htaccess

file currently only works correctly for Apache. Therfore, there is a fair chance that links and images in your X3 website will not work. We hope to offer config-conversions of the .htaccess file for other servers soon. Your Server Software:
Code
Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Next I made the files writable, then did some research on the web regarding my server and htaccess files. Followed the instructions via this page to convert the access file to one that IIS could handle:

Convert .htaccess to web.config
Did so successfully, but of course there were a few lines that it could not process, so those were removed.

Okay, logged in again, and this time received this message from index.php:

X3 Diagnostics v.0.22.5
Server OK
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]There are no critical issues, but we recommend resolving the warnings below if possible. Once satisfied, you may proceed to Panel › settings › settings and disable diagnostics.

Warnings
Default Panel Login
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]It seems you are using the default Panel login. Please go to X3 Panel › settings › panel, and change the username- and password to secure your website.[/color]
Non-Apache Server
[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.901961)]It seems you are running a different server than standard Apache. Imagevue X3 normally works fine under other environments like Win IIS and Nginx, but the custom [/color][/size][/color]
Code
.htaccess

file currently only works correctly for Apache. Therfore, there is a fair chance that links and images in your X3 website will not work. We hope to offer config-conversions of the .htaccess file for other servers soon. Your Server Software:
Code
Microsoft-IIS/7.5
Now I can login to the panel, but when I click on the SETTINGS page in admin, It's blank except for the word "Settings". Every other tab seems to work fine. 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Mar 2017, 11:13

Sorry for the late reply.

Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to offer full support or instructions for running X3 on Win IIS servers. It is certainly possible, but we need to write a proper version of the web.config file, as I don't trust the online "convert" method. I know there is at least 2-3 users running X3 on Win IIS, and here is one:
http://www.torben-schramme.de/
http://www.torben-schramme.de/?diagnostics

If you have the opportunity to offer me access to your server, I could look into it specifically next week. Until then, I am not sure I have the knowledge to blindly answer your questions here, since I have no experience with this platform. I need to spend a day or two testing on Win IIS.

You could start by sending me link and login to your X3 panel if you want (by private message)?

prouddaughter
Topic Author

15 Mar 2017, 23:24

Yes, I certainly would appreciate that, since I have been a very happy customer of yours, for years. I'd hate to leave now. :-(  If we could get that config file going, well that certainly would make my day!!

Yes, I can send you the info via private message.

Thanks SO much for your time and consideration. M