X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Kat
Experienced
Topic Author

Custom content under gallery

24 Oct 2016, 09:24

Hi Karl,

I wish to add, in addition of the header and title content, under gallery, a custom content. In modules, one can't add >context>gallery>context. Or wich div should i add in custom content, so it's show below gallery ?

I emphazise also with this thread https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9142
to have the option to split long gallery into pages, or  adding a custom pagination on the bottom, like in Flickr after x photos. In general when scrolling through a long gallery  without knowing the end, it's a bit fastidious and want me just stop, especially on pc where there is no touch device.

Thanks for your answers and feedback,
Kati

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Custom content under gallery

24 Oct 2016, 11:37

Kat wrote:I wish to add, in addition of the header and title content, under gallery, a custom content. In modules, one can't add >context>gallery>context. Or wich div should i add in custom content, so it's show below gallery ?
There are THREE main page modules in X3: Gallery, Folders (if page has subfolders), and Context, which includes title description and the main content (html). You can stack these modules in whatever order you want (from the page settings modules tab).

Unfortunately, you cannot currently add multiple custom content sections. We will consider this for a future release, but as you may understand, it can easily get quite complicated in panel/settings/config setup. We also need to keep the panel easy to use- and understand for most users who don't require such behavior.
Kat wrote:I emphazise also with this thread https://forum.photo.gallery/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9142
to have the option to split long gallery into pages, or  adding a custom pagination on the bottom, like in Flickr after x photos. In general when scrolling through a long gallery  without knowing the end, it's a bit fastidious and want me just stop, especially on pc where there is no touch device.
Yep, we will look into adding this ...

Although personally I think this "conundrum" of "long pages" has two sides: If you really need to include so many images into a single gallery, then of course you have to accept that it's going to be less functional for a visitor to navigate, regardless. Just saying.