X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

Some questions

04 Mar 2016, 09:24

Hi Karl,
I am trying to figure some things out but with no luck so far.
Here we go:
1. In mobile version the description under popup photo is not centered as in the regular version? How can I fix that?

2. Contact form dropdown control of size of social icons?

3. Can right-click copyright message be made to work on text also, not only images?

Thanks a lot in advance,
George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Some questions

04 Mar 2016, 12:06

GeoPal wrote:1. In mobile version the description under popup photo is not centered as in the regular version? How can I fix that?
My wish would be that people trust that there are logical reasons for most choices in X3. Actually, left alignment is scientifically the BEST option for the visitor, but there are a few reasons we can't left align by default on large screens:

If we align left on large screens:

If we use the default "max-width" is a bit better, but compared to the scaled image, the text looks like it is floating in no-mans land.

So the best option on large screens it to CENTER the text, although it is not optimal, especially for multi-lines:

MOBILE does not have this issue, because optimal reading width is the FULL WIDTH of the screen, and therefore the text is aligned from left. Visitors scan info on a vertical line from the left, and it is perfect if the TITLE + Description starts aligned with the image. I really don't want to provide "Hacks" to make X3 less functional, and I am not sure why you believe that layouts should be identical on desktop vs mobile.
GeoPal wrote:2. Contact form dropdown control of size of social icons?
This is a GRID inside the contact form, that is populated with the icons. We don't set a specific SIZE for these icons (that would not be logical or possible), but instead a grid with the amount of items. You can perhaps hack it from CSS, but you would be left with big gaps. I don't feel like spending time adding hacky-fixes in css for these kinda things to be honest ... Some options in X3 will have to come as-is if you want to use them.
GeoPal wrote:3. Can right-click copyright message be made to work on text also, not only images?
Probably with some custom javascript code. You worried that someone is gonna copy text content from your website?

I can probably provides hacks for these things, but it would take some time, and it's late right now ...

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

06 Mar 2016, 15:38

Thank you Karl for your time!
Yep, I am worried that people copy text from my site. That could be an useful feature.
I understand about the other things.
Hope you had a nice weekend!
Best, George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

06 Mar 2016, 23:53

If you want to prevent right-click for images and text, then you might as well prevent right-click for the entire document. No point in beating around the bush ... settings-> custom -> Custom JS:
Code
function x3_load(){
  $('body').on('contextmenu', function(e){
	  // alert('msg'); // optional
	  return false;
  });
}

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Mar 2016, 04:12