X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

Fotomoto - no add to cart button on mobile devices

07 Jan 2024, 14:22

Hi, 

I have installed the fotomoto plugin - works fine on PC, but there are no add to cart buttons on mobile devices because add to cart is a mouseover. 
How could I add an add to cart button also for mobile devices?

Regards,
Harald

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Fotomoto - no add to cart button on mobile devices

07 Jan 2024, 22:44

You can disable "hover" from page settings > Gallery, scroll down to Captions > Captions Overlay, where you will see a checked option "Caption Hover". Optionally, from main Settings > Plugins > Fotomoto, there are options specifically for mobile that you may want to test.

By default, buttons may only appear in the popup on mobile. Why? Because hover simply isn't a useful on mobile. The only other option, is to make buttons persistently visible (without hover), but that can make interfaces look cluttered.

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

08 Jan 2024, 09:43

thanks - somehow got it working - removed "hover" from page-layout-styles&effects, and set plugin-fotomoto-only show in popup to "no". 

Now, on PC I still see 'buy' button only on hover/mouse over (not sure why, since hover was removed, but happy it is that way)
On iPad, buy button is there in general. 

On popup, I see no buy button on PC or iPad, not sure if that is intended, or not, but that's good, since in popup on mobile, viewer can see images without the button overlaying. 

-> Current behavior works ok! 

I assume there is no option to add some html below each image frame, where possibly such a button could be placed then somehow? 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

08 Jan 2024, 21:35

HiFly260 wrote:Now, on PC I still see 'buy' button only on hover/mouse over (not sure why, since hover was removed, but happy it is that way)
On iPad, buy button is there in general.
I think my previous post wasn't entirely correct. The hover is actually automatically disabled on "touch-only" devices, and the only reason it wasn't displaying for mobile, was the "only show in popup" option. So this should be expected behavior.

Before, it was disabled on "only show in popup > mobile devices", not be
HiFly260 wrote:On popup, I see no buy button on PC or iPad, not sure if that is intended, or not, but that's good, since in popup on mobile, viewer can see images without the button overlaying. 

-> Current behavior works ok! 

I assume there is no option to add some html below each image frame, where possibly such a button could be placed then somehow? 
The question is not entirely clear. Do you have a specific gallery link that I can use for reference when checking? The "Buy" button should definitely be there in popup mode also, unless you have specifically disabled the caption for the popup (buy button is inside the popup caption). You can also add custom html inside captions, but this would also require captions to be displaying (which does not seem to be the case).

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Jan 2024, 16:21

Hi Karl, 

no, there is no buy button on popup, even though captions for popup are enabled. 

Test gallery below: 
https://haraldreitzphotography.com/galleries/New-York/

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

10 Jan 2024, 16:23

screenshots of settings
Attachments
settings02.JPG
settings02.JPG (37.74 KiB) Viewed 83459 times
settings01.JPG
settings01.JPG (30.9 KiB) Viewed 83459 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

10 Jan 2024, 22:55

Not from your global settings, but I can see the caption is disabled from page settings > gallery > popup > show caption.

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Jan 2024, 17:32

Ok, I have the buy button now working for popup. 

For my main page, the slideshow, I can activate caption, but it always shows title generated from the filename, no buy button, and the selection under index-gallery-caption-inline caption, does not change what's shown, if it empty, one or multiple elements selected. 

-> Would need help to get the buy button active here, too ...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Jan 2024, 20:48

HiFly260 wrote:For my main page, the slideshow, I can activate caption, but it always shows title generated from the filename, no buy button, and the selection under index-gallery-caption-inline caption, does not change what's shown, if it empty, one or multiple elements selected. 
The slideshow is very different from all the other layouts, and captions work differently also. To be honest, I'm not sure we can get the dynamic Fotomoto buttons to work from within the slideshow captions. Please can you try this:

Go to the page Settings > Gallery > Scroll down to Captions > Caption Defaults > Default Image Description, click "append", and add a dynamic Fotomoto button into the "Default Image Description":
Code
<button class="button fotomoto-buy">buy</button>
Let me know if it works. I don't have Fotomoto here, so I haven't been able to test properly.

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Jan 2024, 23:18

thanks - with that I get the image title derived from filename (which I don't know how to get rid of) and the button, but clicking on it does not trigger anything. 

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

14 Jan 2024, 00:26

ok, have now moved home page to vertical gallery with gallery thumbnails on top - have now consistent navigation in home and all galleries including popup and buy buttons. Have also now achieved that in popup screen is fully filled from top to bottom. 

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jan 2024, 03:36

Ok, now I think I found the issue - the "Buy" button does not work at all on mobile devices! I have tried all sorts of things, e.g. switch button in plugin off, and bring in through "description" - but on mobile, button always says "This Photo is not for sale". 

That's an issue - do you have a chance to look into this? Seems on mobile, maybe due to missing mouse over, the button seems not to know which image to forward to Fotomoto plugin. 

Do you have a chance to check, and let me know how this could be fixed? 

I left the buy button active for mobile only in this gallery, for testimg:

https://haraldreitzphotography.com/galleries/as-seen-on/

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jan 2024, 03:37

Button works fine on PC. 
Maybe problem is that button click on mobile does not send image filename to fotomoto …

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

15 Jan 2024, 05:32

I get the same on desktop browser, so I I don't think it's related to "mobile", as that wouldn't make any sense anyway.

Definitely something with Fotomoto. Some strange looking responses. 500 kinda insinuates "500 server error".
https://widget.fotomoto.com/stores/phot ... 5314299137

https://widget.fotomoto.com/stores/load ... 5314299139

In one way or other, this info is coming from Fotomoto. If there is something with cache, private photos, changed paths, or maybe you photos are inaccessible to Fotomoto ... I have no means to say. Surely they can diagnose the outputs and links I am sending?

HiFly260
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Jan 2024, 11:14

Thanks for checking - very strange, button works from my Windows PC with chrome, but shows "not for sale" everywhere else: 

- Macbook with chrome, Safari
- iPad with chrome, safari
- Windows PC with MS edge browser
- Android Phone

Have submitted ticket to Fotomoto the help me fix this ...