Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mikeletron
Experienced
Topic Author

MOUSE OVER

11 Dec 2023, 11:16

Is it possible to have any kind of mouse over the miniatures of the images? 
(something like bigger or out of focus)
I also would like to hide the magnifying glass icon or at least to make it smaller.

metallissimus
Experienced

Re: MOUSE OVER

11 Dec 2023, 12:48

There are some pre-defined effects available under Settings > Gallery > Styles and Effects. If you hover over this field there's a small ? icon on the right that explains them.

If you don't like those, you would need to add your own effects via custom CSS.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

11 Dec 2023, 21:27

There are a few built-in options like hover-scale and zoom-icon (see gallery > styles and effects) as well as caption transitions. If you want your own custom mouse hover effect, it needs to be added via custom CSS.

mikeletron
Experienced
Topic Author

12 Dec 2023, 11:20

Thanks.
I got crazy but finally I found it, is really what I wanted / needed, so I saved it to a template, 
and speaking abut templates ther's a way to delete the old ones and / or rename them?
I'm sorry, I suppose I never will finish with my questions, for example:
there's a way to split the home page let's [size=100]say half with a slide-show and the other one with a blog?[/size]
[size=100]Thanx again.[/size]
[size=100]This X3 is starting to be really FUNtastic[/size]
[size=100]p.s.: I was on Imagevue 2 years ago but then I migrated to Wordpress and it has been the era of PAIN[/size]
confusion was the normality, I really can't understand why so much people use it - and how.
[size=100]:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:[/size]

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Dec 2023, 21:34

mikeletron wrote:and speaking abut templates ther's a way to delete the old ones and / or rename them?
Not from the interface. However, you can delete the file config/custom-setting-templates.json to delete old ones. Or even open the file in a text editor and edit their names, if you are comfortable viewing JSON data.
mikeletron wrote:I'm sorry, I suppose I never will finish with my questions, for example:
there's a way to split the home page let's say half with a slide-show and the other one with a blog?
You mean for instance left column slideshow right column blog? I'm not quite sure how that would fit ... You can create columns in your "content" section, but it does require some basic html ... and you need to remember that this also has to work on mobile devices, and therefore columns and such need to be configured to "stack" on mobile devices, so it's not a simple concept. There is an example of two columns content in the below link:
https://demo.photo.gallery/examples/features/sample/
mikeletron wrote:p.s.: I was on Imagevue 2 years ago but then I migrated to Wordpress and it has been the era of PAIN
confusion was the normality, I really can't understand why so much people use it - and how.
:) Since you have already spent some time with X3, I'm glad you have found some interesting options. In the beginning, it can definitely be confusing. Wordpress is clumsy at a different level, because there are just too many different providers/developers that slap things on top of each other to create the complete website.

mikeletron
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Dec 2023, 04:13

Thanks again,
I'm gonna work on.