Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Prevent animation on page change

28 Jul 2023, 07:37

I was thinking about a way to mimic filtering for a gallery and found a very simple solution with multiple folders using the same layout and content: https://test.danielbollinger.de/portfolio/
(access: test/test)

It works perfectly, the only thing giving it away is the short disappearance of the content when clicking on a "filter". Can I prevent that specificially for those pages?
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Prevent animation on page change

29 Jul 2023, 05:59

I'm actually not sure how you are achieving this, but looks to me like hidden subfolders of the portfolio folder. Technically, it's not really "filter", but from the visitors perspective, it's pretty much the same. In your case, why not extend the titles "Portfolio > Portraits"? Seems useful and intuitive, as when I click right now, it's not 100% clear what happens when title remains the same.

There seems to be some inconsistent links, sometimes pointing to 404 url. You have added the links across all pages, so you need to make sure the links are always correct across all pages.

metallissimus wrote:It works perfectly, the only thing giving it away is the short disappearance of the content when clicking on a "filter". Can I prevent that specificially for those pages?
I had a look to see if it could be hard-disabled with CSS, but unfortunately these animations are managed by Javascript and hardcoded into X3.

Of course in a future version, I would be aiming to add real filter like our demo.files.gallery. Here you will see filter input, but clickable filters use the same engine and are just predefined filters.

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Prevent animation on page change

31 Jul 2023, 05:44

mjau-mjau wrote: I'm actually not sure how you are achieving this, but looks to me like hidden subfolders of the portfolio folder.
Yeah, exactly what I did.
In your case, why not extend the titles "Portfolio > Portraits"? Seems useful and intuitive, as when I click right now, it's not 100% clear what happens when title remains the same.
I like that!
I had a look to see if it could be hard-disabled with CSS, but unfortunately these animations are managed by Javascript and hardcoded into X3.

Of course in a future version, I would be aiming to add real filter like our demo.files.gallery. Here you will see filter input, but clickable filters use the same engine and are just predefined filters.
One more reason to look forward to X4!
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography