Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

How easy would it be for me to change gallery (folder) description font to non-italic?

13 Jul 2023, 00:22

Hello, Karl,

Not for my entire X3 site, but instead only for specific galleries, I would like to change the folders' description font to NOT be italic.  I am using X3's default Lato Skinny.

In my site's Settings > Font, I see the following:
Code
Lato:300,300i,400,400i|paragraph:300|body:300|subheader:italic|topbar:uppercase|sidebar:uppercase,small|footer:italic|styled:italic
If I were to change it in Settings, from subheader:italic to subheader:normal, I would think that would change it on the entire X3 site.  And I am assuming that by subheader, than means the folder description?

Would I be able to use that, somehow, so that my descriptions for certain specific folders are in non-italic?

Thank you in advance, sir, and have yourself a great day.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: How easy would it be for me to change gallery (folder) description font to non-italic?

13 Jul 2023, 01:31

THIS is a page that I would like the description to be displayed in non-italic, for example.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: How easy would it be for me to change gallery (folder) description font to non-italic?

13 Jul 2023, 01:45

In your case, there are two options:

1. Override from Custom CSS:
Code
h2.subheader {
  font-style: normal !important;
}
2. Since you are already using your own inner html, you could revert italic from one of your own classes. For instance:
Code
.mycaption13 {
  font-style: normal;
}
Or create your own class to be used on an inner html element:
Code
.non-italic {
}
JMM wrote:In my site's Settings > Font, I see the following:
Code
Lato:300,300i,400,400i|paragraph:300|body:300|subheader:italic|topbar:uppercase|sidebar:uppercase,small|footer:italic|styled:italic
This was an attempt to allow customization of fonts for themes, but it's really much easier to assign by plain CSS when re-styling specific items.

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Jul 2023, 01:57

I went with option 3:
Code
.non-italic {
}
It works great.  Thank you, Karl.  Have a great day.