Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Is it possible to have a border around embedded videos?

19 May 2023, 15:32

Hello, Karl,

On my test page HERE, I have 2 videos:
  • top video is embedded (in Settings|Content section)
  • bottom video is controlled by X3
Of course, I will eventually be hiding the X3 videos, so that only the embedded videos are displayed.

Question 1:

The X3-controlled video (bottom one) has a nice border around it, but the embedded video does not.

Through Custom-CSS (or another way), am I able to also have a similar border around my embedded videos?

Question 2:

For the middle twin (identical) videos, I have no <br> between the embedded videos, as I would like them side-by-side, however, I would like them to be separated somehow.  I tried a space and also "&nbsp;", but the 2 videos are still butted-up against each other.  Am I able to somehow have the videos separated slightly?

Thank you in advance & have yourself a great weekend.

Regards,
John
Last edited by JMM on 20 May 2023, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Is it possible to have a border around embedded videos?

19 May 2023, 20:33

JMM wrote:Through Custom-CSS (or another way), am I able to also have a similar border around my embedded videos?
You could just use the same class that defines the frame for the X3-controlled video:
Code
<video class="x3-style-frame" ...
JMM wrote:I would like them side-by-side, however, I would like them to be separated somehow
There would be a few ways to achieve this, but the proper way would be to use a grid (like the one that is included with X3). One of the benefits is that the grid would "stack" on small screen mobile devices, because there is no way you have room for two videos side-by-side on small screens.

Code
<div class="row">
  <div class="medium-6 columns">
    <video ...
  </div>
  <div class="medium-6 columns">
    <video ...
  </div>
</div>

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Is it possible to have a border around embedded videos?

20 May 2023, 01:28

Thanks for the 2 methods, Karl, they worked perfectly.

Have yourself a great weekend, sir.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |