Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: how to copy a site chapter to another site?

18 May 2023, 13:48

allow to get back to the above code. I felt it was different before, now I found the proof: in the bio on my site I have links set earlier towards pages on that same site opening in a new tab WITHOUT that "blank"-code. for which I just NOW have to use that code. so something has changed there. would be great to have a choice when entering a link, whether to open in the same tab or a new one or another window. for these non-html-speakers like me ;-)

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

18 May 2023, 21:45

ed_f wrote:allow to get back to the above code. I felt it was different before, now I found the proof: in the bio on my site I have links set earlier towards pages on that same site opening in a new tab WITHOUT that "blank"-code. for which I just NOW have to use that code. so something has changed there.
By default when using "auto", links will open in SAME window if pointing to the SAME website, and BLANK window if pointing to an external website. That's how it's supposed to work by design because it makes sense. If this does not apply, I would need to see some examples

Besides, there are already options to decide how the window opens from the menu link section:

ed_f wrote:would be great to have a choice when entering a link, whether to open in the same tab or a new one or another window. for these non-html-speakers like me ;-)
You would only need to use HTML when adding html links into your page's CONTENT section. Even then, link targets will be automatic: Links to pages on the same website will open in the same window, while links to external websites will open in new window. If you want to override this behavior in custom content links, you would need to use basic html:
Code
<a href="link" target="_blank">text</a>

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

19 May 2023, 04:32

settings > link does not apply here. but how about adding such a choice-popup to all links-buttons?

in https://architekturfoto.de/info/biografie/ earlier entries like the one for 2021 and many more opened in a new tab without inserting your code. now I need it to achieve the same result. maybe just a setting in my firefox?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

19 May 2023, 04:55

I can't see what links I am supposed to click. Can you give an example of one link in the main menu that is supposed to open in NEW window that is NOT opening in new window?
ed_f wrote: settings > link does not apply here.
Not sure what you mean. You mean you have set _BLANK for a menu item, yet it still opens in same window? Please identify the link for me so I can take a look.
ed_f wrote:but how about adding such a choice-popup to all links-buttons?
These options are added to the menu, because the links are generated from your folders, and by default are always internal. When adding links to your custom content, there is no such thing as "link-buttons". It's all basic html code, and you need to use target="_blank" (or not) to decide if a specific link is supposed to open in a new window.
ed_f wrote:maybe just a setting in my firefox?
I haven't heard of any option in Firefox that overrides how links open in browser.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

19 May 2023, 05:14

I was only talking about links in content.