Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Is it possible to display superscript in Descriptions?

30 Mar 2023, 06:35

Hello, Karl,

A search of these forums resulted in a question to you 12 years ago, related to Imagevue X2, HERE.  But as we are on X3 these days, here is a somewhat-related question...

Is it possible to display superscript within image & folder descriptions?

I tried, for example:
Code
20<sup>TH</sup> August 2000
but X3 ignored the <sup> and </sup>.

Is it possible, by using Custom CSS, to get superscript to display in Descriptions?

I do NOT mean for when Date is selected to be displayed with EXIF information.  What this question pertains to is just superscript written in the description, apart from EXIF.

Thanks in advance, sir, and have yourself a great day.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Is it possible to display superscript in Descriptions?

30 Mar 2023, 09:32

JMM wrote:Is it possible, by using Custom CSS, to get superscript to display in Descriptions?
You could do something like this:
Code
<span style="vertical-align:super;font-size:.5em">text</span>
You would need to adjust the font-size appropriately, whereas "1em" represents the same font-size as the surrounding text.

Of course, you could make a class for this in custom CSS if you intend to re-use it in many locations.

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Mar 2023, 20:04

That worked perfectly, thank you, sir.
You would need to adjust the font-size appropriately, whereas "1em" represents the same font-size as the surrounding text.
The font size of .5em in your example works perfectly, so I left it at that setting.

As I don't know the first thing about CSS, what would the Custom CSS code be if I wish to use it in more than a few places?

Thank you in advance & have yourself a great day.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

31 Mar 2023, 00:09

JMM wrote:what would the Custom CSS code be if I wish to use it in more than a few places?
Settings > Custom > Custom CSS:
Code
.sup {
  vertical-align:super;
  font-size:.5em;
}
Usage:
Code
<span class="sup">text</span>

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

31 Mar 2023, 00:50

Thank you sir, I will give that a try.

Much appreciated for your reply.

Regards,
John