Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

slideshow changes show no effect

25 Mar 2023, 19:39

panel > page > gallery > slideshow  - changing settings here seem to show no effect, neither autoplay interval nor duration. where should these be visible?

I try to achive the same smooth transition as in the title gallery of architekturfoto.de on all sub-galleries but do not reach that goal.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: slideshow changes show no effect

25 Mar 2023, 23:43

I would need a link to see the slideshow and references to what settings you are trying to change. You are referring to the slideshow, and not the carousel or popup? And sure you are editing settings on the right page?

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Mar 2023, 05:38

take any slideshow on my site! in their settings > popup > gallery is no individual setting for the transition but for the sort of transition, so it is taken from the general settings, right? all my galleries show what I want: images change after 5seconds. but do these not look as smooth as the welcome/title-slideshow? isn't my popup of any gallery a slideshow? what do you mean with "right page"?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Mar 2023, 08:31

What is the link to your site? How am I supposed to know?
ed_f wrote:settings > popup > gallery
I'm not sure where you are now, but there is no such thing as popup > gallery.

Besides, the POPUP is not the same as the SLIDESHOW. The popup displays when you CLICK an image in a gallery, while the slideshow is a slideshow sliding on the actual page. Entirely different settings.

If you still need help with options not applying, please 1. Send a link to the page that is not using your applied settings, 2. What settings you are trying to apply, and from where.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Mar 2023, 10:23

I sent the site in post#1 - here it is again as direct link: www.architekturfoto.de.

settings > popup > gallery is in fact just settings > popup gallery.

settings in panel > page > gallery > slideshow do NOT affect a slideshow starting by clicking an image of any of my galleries and starting the slideshow. why?

I try to achive the same smooth transition as in the title gallery on all sub-galleries but do not reach that goal.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Mar 2023, 23:21

ed_f wrote: I sent the site in post#1 - here it is again as direct link: www.architekturfoto.de.

settings > popup > gallery is in fact just settings > popup gallery.
Ok. So on that page I see a slideshow. This has nothing to do with Settings > Popup.
ed_f wrote:settings in panel > page > gallery > slideshow do NOT affect a slideshow starting by clicking an image of any of my galleries and starting the slideshow. why?
What do you mean "do Not affect a slideshow starting by clicking an image of any of my galleries and starting the slideshow".

In your provided link, I see a slideshow and a slideshow only. What exactly are you trying to achieve on that page, and what exactly is not working. You want to click the image and start the slideshow?
ed_f wrote:I try to achive the same smooth transition as in the title gallery on all sub-galleries but do not reach that goal.
You mean you want the same transitions in the POPUP on sub-galleries as on the homepage SLIDESHOW? They are two entirely different module. The popup is made for efficiently browsing images, and it does not contain two images in such a way that you can crossfade between images (like the slideshow). The popup is made for best possible human interaction in navigating images.