Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Is it possible for a folder to contain both Panorama & non-Panorama images?

01 Jan 2023, 07:23

For the past few days, I have been trying different methods to try to get X3 to do something which quite possibly it cannot do  :thinking:.

I have a folder HERE that contains both single-file equirectangular format images, and also regular (non-panorama) images.

With my panorama plugin enabled for that folder, and auto-open also enabled, when navigating to that folder, X3 sees & plays my 2 panorama images in that folder.  If I press Escape, I can then see both the 2 panorama images, but also the non-panorama image  :slight_smile:.  I can then click on the non-panorama image to display it, but when I click the arrow on the left or right to move to the next image, the panorama images are not displayed as a panorama.

As a test, I also cropped one of the regular (non-panorama) images to be exactly 2:1, after which time X3 sees it & displays the 2:1 non-panorama image along with the regular 2 equirectangular images, but zoomed in way too much, and with no way to zoom out so the entire image can be viewed.

So my question is, am I correct that X3 is not able to display folders of mixed image types?  Ideally, I would like to select a folder, and have X3 auto-open the panorama images as it does now, but if an image is selected that is not a panorama image, to display that non-panorama image normally as a regular picture.

Or am I missing a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Is it possible for a folder to contain both Panorama & non-Panorama images?

01 Jan 2023, 09:30

JMM wrote:So my question is, am I correct that X3 is not able to display folders of mixed image types?  Ideally, I would like to select a folder, and have X3 auto-open the panorama images as it does now, but if an image is selected that is not a panorama image, to display that non-panorama image normally as a regular picture.
Yes you are correct unfortunately. When you are viewing panoramas rendered into 3D, you are viewing from a special viewer made to render panoramas, which ignores normal images. When navigating between normal images and panoramas, X3 can't switch viewers, at least not seamlessly like when navigating between items of the same type. Therefore, it's best to keep panoramas separate from normal images.