X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Caption Overlay displays Filenames if no Title exists

19 Dec 2022, 02:43

Hello, Karl.

For image popups, under Settings | Gallery | Popup, when Show Caption is enabled, I have the option to display Title, but uncheck "Create title from filename if empty title".  In that case, if an image has a Title, then it will be displayed as a popup for those respective images, and any image without a title will not have any title displayed in the popup.  That works great, thank you.

However, under Settings | Gallery | Caption, with Caption Overlay selected & Title selected for Caption Items, any image without a title will have the filename displayed... there is no option to uncheck "Create title from filename if empty title".

Is there any Custom CSS that I can add to those relevant folders that I do not wish the filename to displayed as Caption Overlay if a title does not exist?

Thank you in advance & have yourself a great week.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Caption Overlay displays Filenames if no Title exists

19 Dec 2022, 09:59

JMM wrote:However, under Settings | Gallery | Caption, with Caption Overlay selected & Title selected for Caption Items, any image without a title will have the filename displayed... there is no option to uncheck "Create title from filename if empty title".

Is there any Custom CSS that I can add to those relevant folders that I do not wish the filename to displayed as Caption Overlay if a title does not exist?
Unfortunately, there is no option for this no. The idea is that an image always has a title, which is either filename, or title added manually if the file name is not suitable. Only the popup has the option "[]Create title from filename if empty title", because captions here are more critical.

Wouldn't it be better to use image "description" for this? The description will only display if it exists.

There is an option Caption Defaults > Default Image Title, where you can assign a default title for images that aren't already assigned a title. For example, you could assign "-" (dash), in which cases images without title would display -, while images with title would display the title.

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Caption Overlay displays Filenames if no Title exists

20 Dec 2022, 08:08

Thanks for the reply, Ken.

Rather than use a dash (-), I used a space ( ) and that works.  However, I did as you suggested for the folders that I'm working on, and used Description instead of Title for those overlays.

I do have a few other folders in which I am using both the Titles and also the Descriptions for the popups, so for those I may need to use that space ( ) for those overlays.

Thanks again for your reply.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |