X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

Hide page in sitemap.xml

03 Dec 2022, 05:47

Hello Karl

Definitely a simple question that I haven't found an answer to yet: when I hide a page, it still appears in sitemap.xml. What can I do to make it disappear there as well? This would be important if I already create a page, but it becomes current only a month later and should not be visible anywhere until then. Also not about the stupid coincidence of the sitemap. I speak from experience ;-)

Have a nice weekend and best regards

PS: My website www.thomas-ruf.ch is growing and growing. It is a real pleasure to work with Photo gallery! Thans for your great work!
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Hide page in sitemap.xml

03 Dec 2022, 08:33

trpgforum wrote:Definitely a simple question that I haven't found an answer to yet: when I hide a page, it still appears in sitemap.xml.
Are you sure? Sitemap (XML) has a 4-hour cache expire time, which means recently hidden pages may still appear in sitemap, until 4 hours later. Do you have an example of a hidden page so I can take a look?

A "hidden" page is hidden from the menu, but it is still accessible by URL. You can DISABLE a page entirely by renaming it starting with _underscore. For example "myfoldername" -> "_myfoldername".

Have a nice weekend :star:

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Hide page in sitemap.xml

04 Dec 2022, 08:01

Thank you Karl! You're right. I didn't know about the cache. That's OK with me now that I know!

Best regards
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch