X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

footer temporarily wrong?

01 Dec 2022, 08:03

when I checked my site tonight I was surprised to see this footer:

when I do the same now it's again as it should be _ how that? as I have the proof I was not dreaming ;-)
Attachments
Screenshot_2022-12-01-00-33-09.png
Screenshot_2022-12-01-00-33-09.png (249.22 KiB) Viewed 2025 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: footer temporarily wrong?

01 Dec 2022, 08:25

Do you have a link for me? Send in private message if you don't want to post public.

This could happen if you have "orphan" html tags in your content, for example <div> without </div>. This corrupts the website structure, as the browser will try to compensate incorrectly.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Dec 2022, 08:28

hi karl! it WAS visible on my site, on my mobile, but isn't now. strange ... and shure not dramatic.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Dec 2022, 09:07

ed_f wrote: hi karl! it WAS visible on my site, on my mobile, but isn't now. strange ... and shure not dramatic.
I don't doubt it, that's why I asked for the link. I can see you have a lot of HTML content on that page ... Any tiny missing tag in the html, could have caused the issue. Or maybe somewhere else on the page, or another page. For example if you forgot to close a </div> or </strong> tag. I can't really diagnose it further, unless we can reproduce it somehow.

That link would never display "random" if there wasn't some cause.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

01 Dec 2022, 09:26

this cannot be found then, obviously.

and it's getting even more strange as now on my german site the footer says "all images copyright protected - alle bilder :copyright: ralph hinterkeuser :copyright: 2022 www.foto-books.com". that adress is also linked (like some others) to my same site. if you change to the translated site it correctly states :copyright: 2022 www.en.architekturfoto.de.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

01 Dec 2022, 10:32

ed_f wrote:and it's getting even more strange as now on my german site the footer says "all images copyright protected - alle bilder :copyright: ralph hinterkeuser :copyright: 2022 www.foto-books.com". that adress is also linked (like some others) to my same site. if you change to the translated site it correctly states :copyright: 2022 www.en.architekturfoto.de.
This is confusing. How many websites do you have? Are you sure they are all licensed? I can't find a license for www.foto-books.com, so naturally that would display a link to "www.photo.gallery".

It looks to me like you have TWO separate websites foto-books.com and architekturfoto.de pointing to the same server location, displaying the exact same website. One of the domains is licensed, the other not. They are the same website though, and cache will compile data depending on what domain was accessed, so you might have mixed output from both. This is generally not a good idea, and does not benefit anyone (you, visitors, or seo).
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9080

I'm starting to understand what's going on. In either case, you have one website that is non-licensed, and that is causing the link to "www.photo.gallery" to display.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Dec 2022, 05:45

I now have switched settings to 301 pointing to my one and only website, as proposed in your tutorial, a problem I was completely unaware of. but even before these changes I had been using canonical links, I saw this in my server-settings. when adding infos on the page you saw and using image-links via frames plus deleting part of the code one or 2 small mistakes were done due to my lack of understanding html. seems now all is ok again, right? thanks!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Dec 2022, 22:27

The only problem I can see right now, is that I am getting an SSL error on foto-books.com. Should not this domain redirect to en.architekturfoto.de? 

Apart from the above, I'm pretty sure everything is working nicely on en.architekturfoto.de and architekturfoto.de now.

ed_f
Experienced
Topic Author

03 Dec 2022, 06:19

good advise, both corrected ;-)