X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

TristanJo
Experienced
Topic Author

Two domain one website

20 Oct 2022, 07:09

When i use two domains on a website, 
Can i match the logo according to the domain that is connected to each other?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Two domain one website

20 Oct 2022, 08:12

You CAN use two domains for the same X3 website, but is it strictly necessary? Couldn't you just REDIRECT one domain to the other (primary) domain? This will cause less confusion, and consolidate SEO (search engine optimization) towards the primary domain. I wrote a post about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9080

Other than the above, yes you can use two domains. If you want them both licensed with the same X3 license, please just let me know the secondary domain (after purchase), and I will add both domains to your single license.
That would require some Javascript to dynamically inject a different logo based on what domain the website is accessed from. You can't do it directly from X3 settings, because the settings apply for a single website.

You could "clone" one X3 website to the other, and change the logo ... but it seems impractical to maintain two separate X3 installations, just to have two different logo's.

TristanJo
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Two domain one website

20 Oct 2022, 11:50

mjau-mjau wrote: You CAN use two domains for the same X3 website, but is it strictly necessary? Couldn't you just REDIRECT one domain to the other (primary) domain? This will cause less confusion, and consolidate SEO (search engine optimization) towards the primary domain. I wrote a post about this here:
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=9080

Other than the above, yes you can use two domains. If you want them both licensed with the same X3 license, please just let me know the secondary domain (after purchase), and I will add both domains to your single license.
That would require some Javascript to dynamically inject a different logo based on what domain the website is accessed from. You can't do it directly from X3 settings, because the settings apply for a single website.

You could "clone" one X3 website to the other, and change the logo ... but it seems impractical to maintain two separate X3 installations, just to have two different logo's.
Thank you for your answer.

I sent you an email.