Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

repiuk
Topic Author

Sorting on date and changing this date of a photo

22 Aug 2022, 11:26

Pictures can be sorted on date captured. During import the date is read. If no capture date is found the date is the upload data. (at least that's my guess) Some of my pictures don't have a capture date and now they are on top. Can I override or change this date of a specific picture.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Sorting on date and changing this date of a photo

22 Aug 2022, 23:43

Actually, nothing is done on upload/import, but X3 reads EXIF dateTimeOriginal, stored inside images where this data was written by cameras (and hasn't been erased). This means that X3 will assign image dates in this order:

1. From EXIF dateTimeOriginal, if this value exits in the image.
  2. Else it will use server MTIME (the date the file was created or modified on server).
You can't actually "edit" the date in X3. There are some apps that can do this, for example exiftool.org, which runs from the command-line. Optionally, you would have to choose "custom" sort order, and drag items into correct order instead.

repiuk
Topic Author

23 Aug 2022, 06:44

Ok thanks. I think I write a script to add that date to files with no exif date. Going back to lightroom is another option.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

23 Aug 2022, 23:15

Another option, without modifying the File's EXIF, would be to use terminal touch command to assign MTIME dates (modified time) for each file.
https://askubuntu.com/a/62496

After doing this process, you would need to click "save" in X3 panel to make sure the cache gets refreshed.