X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

Sidebar main folder gallery to show

07 Aug 2022, 04:08

Hi

I have a SIDEBAR - I'd like to have the main folders to show their gallery so when it's click you see them and not where you've already been - right now it does nothing until you click the subfolder. Be better if if could even show the subfolder previews so we can tell what's there.

main folder    (this to show it's own gallery images or better subfolder previews like a top menu)
----subfolder
----subfolder

I just want to click the main folders and see the subfolder previews. :)

George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Sidebar main folder gallery to show

07 Aug 2022, 06:47

I understand you are asking about the sidebar menu with folder items and subfolder items ... As you may understand, when a folder has subfolders, clicking on the parent folder will toggle open/close the submenu with the subfolders. Click is therefore reserved for this behavior, as it would be dysfunctional to both open the submenu AND navigate to the page.

Some users workaround this by disabling subfolders in the menu, in which case you are forcing the visitor to first click the main folder, from where they can view all subfolders with preview images. The below option would be assigned to the main folder that you want to hide subfolders for.

amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Aug 2022, 12:50

mmm that's just the same as the top menu I had before or if there were no subfolders so guess it cant be done..

Thanks anyway
George

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Aug 2022, 23:20

amateur56 wrote:mmm that's just the same as the top menu I had before or if there were no subfolders so guess it cant be done..
I'm not sure what you are asking for. You would have to re-phrase your original question.

amateur56
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Aug 2022, 04:08

"when a folder has subfolders, clicking on the parent folder will toggle open/close the submenu with the subfolders"
you answered it ok...

Was wanting to show an image of some sort preview etc when you click the parent folder as well as toggle open/close the submenu with the subfolders but you've said it cant be done - I already had "disabling subfolders in the menu" done or I would not be able to see subfolders.

But it's ok I'll plod on

George