Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

mvandamn
Topic Author

Single column list menu

16 May 2022, 09:40

Hi,

I am trying to get my last menu to behave the way I would like to, but cannot get it to work.
The goal is to create a single column of folders, with the preview on the right side. The settings allow me to set a number of columns for the 'list' menu type, but there are still multiple columns showing up.

results in the following menu

Is there any way of getting them into a single column?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Single column list menu

16 May 2022, 11:11

I'm afraid that's not really possible. The "list" mega menu was created for TWO-level folder structures. Like the "examples" section in our demo, it will create a column element from each group of sub-folders:
https://demo.photo.gallery/contact/ 

If you only have first child elements, it will still create a column from each of them, although they don't have child-folders. In a perfect world, we could detect that none of the folders have sub-folders, and then instead create a single column from all the level-1 folders. It doesn't work like that though, and I don't think it's an optimal design for a single level submenu. Why not consider the carousel? You can increase the amount of items that display in the carousel.

mvandamn
Topic Author

16 May 2022, 15:05

Thanks for the answer.

he carousel did not fit the style I was looking for. I wanted to keep it uniform with the other tab.

Not to worry, I have consolidated both under one tab, as the list view is way more powerful then I thought.

One more question on the list menu view though; Is it possible to change the twisty animation of the preview to something else, like a fade?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 May 2022, 00:11

mvandamn wrote:One more question on the list menu view though; Is it possible to change the twisty animation of the preview to something else, like a fade?
There are no transition options for the preview, but you could use some custom CSS to block the 3D effect, while keeping basic fade in. Let me know if you need assistance.

mvandamn
Topic Author

17 May 2022, 04:50

mjau-mjau wrote: There are no transition options for the preview, but you could use some custom CSS to block the 3D effect, while keeping basic fade in. Let me know if you need assistance.
I was trying to find the correct CSS options to stop the animation. If you could provide some hints, or the example on how to kill the 3D effect, that would be great!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 May 2022, 06:24

Sure. You would need to force transform: none of the child element of the preview element. Settings > Custom > Custom CSS:
Code
.list .preview div {
  transform: none !important;
}

mvandamn
Topic Author

18 May 2022, 11:37

Nice! Thank you!

That works like a charm. Now I just need to get the remainder of my photos imported :)