Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Can Googlemaps be set to open in Satellite-view instead of Map-view in X3?

24 Feb 2022, 01:25

For those pictures which have geo-location, such as THIS picture, when visitors hover their rodent pointer over the yellow Map button, a small window of Google Maps appears, in Map-view.  Can that small window be changed to display Satellite-view instead?

Likewise, on that same picture, when a visitor actually clicks on that yellow Map button:
  1. Can the full-screen Google Maps page that opens display as Satellite-view, instead of Maps-view; and
  2. Can the full-screen Google Maps page that opens, instead of opening on the same page, open instead in a new tab?
Thank you in advance.

Regards,
John
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Can Googlemaps be set to open in Satellite-view instead of Map-view in X3?

24 Feb 2022, 04:27

JMM wrote: For those pictures which have geo-location, such as THIS picture, when visitors hover their rodent pointer over the yellow Map button, a small window of Google Maps appears, in Map-view.  Can that small window be changed to display Satellite-view instead?
Maybe it's technically possible, but you can't do this from X3. We don't have options for this, sorry.
JMM wrote:Can the full-screen Google Maps page that opens, instead of opening on the same page, open instead in a new tab?
Actually, it opens in a popup OVERLAY, which makes it fast, swift and easy for the visitor to view the map and return to the website (via the close button). Furthermore, once the map is visible in the popup overlay, the visitor can click "View larger map" (top left corner) to view in new tab directly on Google maps ... Basically the user has access to both. I can't see any logical benefit from forcing "new tab" taking the visitor away from the website ... Also, it's not possible as an "embedded map", but instead it would look like normal Google maps website with the sidebar. Sorry, this is not an option in X3.

JMM
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Can Googlemaps be set to open in Satellite-view instead of Map-view in X3?

24 Feb 2022, 04:40

Actually, it opens in a popup OVERLAY, which makes it fast, swift and easy for the visitor to view the map and return to the website (via the close button).
I hadn't noticed that.  Thanks for pointing it out.
Self-hosted using Abyss Web Server:   AuroraWings.me   |   GalleryWings.com   |   PanAurora-Studio.com   |
Externally-hosted using LiteSpeed/Apache Web Server:   GenealogyWings.com/galleries   |