Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

henning
Topic Author

Moving X3

21 Feb 2022, 08:43

Hi,
I had to move my X3 installation to a new smaller server. Backup was ok , data transferred ok and all copied to the new server at home : raspi with PI OS 64  and 250 GB SSD. Sofar so good. With the help of diagnostic some changes have been made and no further complains from the system. But there are some problems.
1. on some albums it takes ages until I can see the pictures again , if at all. The rotating circles rotate and rotate and rotate....... the amount of pictures isnot to large, max 100-120 pics
2. It is not possible on that album to change the names or add a new subalbum
Anyidea or clue on what might cause this ? FYG on the original server everything was working ok

Tks
Henning

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Moving X3

21 Feb 2022, 09:41

I kinda need a link to be able to diagnose this.
henning wrote:1. on some albums it takes ages until I can see the pictures again , if at all. The rotating circles rotate and rotate and rotate....... the amount of pictures isnot to large, max 100-120 pics
Since you moved servers, likely image resize cache must get recreated, which could slow down image loading. However, you wouldn't normally notice this. Is it possible the server is under-powered (or over-shared)? I can only check with a link.

If it is related to image cache resizing, then of course it will speed up eventually once the cache gets rebuilt. I can't see what else it could be, apart from an insufficient server.
henning wrote:2. It is not possible on that album to change the names or add a new subalbum
Anyidea or clue on what might cause this ? FYG on the original server everything was working ok
It basically must be related to the new server. Is it a real hosting company service? I can check exactly what the error is if you can give me link and login to your panel (send in private message). If not, I can only guess ... Incorrect file permissions perhaps or some firewall mechanism perhaps ...

henning
Topic Author

21 Feb 2022, 11:23

Hi,
tks for yr reply.  Underpowered ? I cannot rule that completly out, pls see the attached pic for technical details of the "server"
It's located @ my home and I connect at present internally. I will see to make it accesible from the outside world :-)

Brgds
Henning
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-21 at 17.14.12.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-02-21 at 17.14.12.jpeg (135.12 KiB) Viewed 1303 times

henning
Topic Author

22 Feb 2022, 03:12

Good morning,
after checking everything again I found that the file permissions did not match 100% and after correcting it everything is working well  :grinning:

Tks
Henning