Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Polo
Topic Author

Hide url showing when hovering

02 Nov 2021, 08:04

Hello,
When I hover a picture, I see the zoom icon (ok) but also the url and I don't want that the url appears.
How is it possible to hide the url ?
Regards 
Polo

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Hide url showing when hovering

02 Nov 2021, 09:39

Can you please be more specific? Is this X3? Do you have a link? Where do you see the URL?

If you mean the url that displays in the browser status bar on mouse hover (normally bottom left of browser), then unfortunately this can't be disabled. It's part of the browser, because they want to make sure the user is aware of the link they are clicking.

Polo
Topic Author

02 Nov 2021, 13:18

Yes I use X3. I mean exactly the url that displays in the browser status bar on mouse hover at bottom left of browser.
I have disabled right click but it's useless because anyone can get the url and past it in another tab to download the picture...
No way to avoid this?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

02 Nov 2021, 23:37

Polo wrote:I have disabled right click but it's useless because anyone can get the url and past it in another tab to download the picture...
This is unclear. If they get to "another tab", right-click is still blocked for the image, so what's the difference?

Besides, even with right-click disabled, an experienced user will know they can download all images by opening browser developer tools > networks inspector. There is no way around that. Disabling right-click is really only to block most "normal" users from easily downloading.
Polo wrote:No way to avoid this?
This is a built-in browser feature for all <a> links that can't be blocked by javascript. It's meant to let the user clearly know destination of the link they are about to click. One could maybe hack it so that the link is set to href="#" since the popup is javascript based anyway ... But why go through all this trouble to achieve so little? If the user can "see" the url, they would have to write it manually in new browser window, and they would get to a page where right-click is still blocked. If they go through all that trouble, then they could just use an easier method like opening browser network inspector. Unfortunately, it's impossible to prevent images that load into browser, from being downloaded (if the user knows how).

Polo
Topic Author

03 Nov 2021, 02:33

Ok I understand. Thank you very much for your detailed explanations   :relaxed: