Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

Embedding...

03 Oct 2021, 09:35

Hello, at the top of my forum (built on Xenforo) I've this strip that takes some random images from my albums and display them with a link to the album.
forum.jpg
forum.jpg (99.4 KiB) Viewed 9322 times
this is done with a xenforo addon but since I've to upgrade xenforo, this plugin is not compatible with the new version so I'm asking you if you think it's possible to got the same effect using EMBED or something other.

Thanks and compliments againt, I'm using Photo Gallery from the early stages and it's one of the most beautiful and advanced gallery on the market.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Embedding...

04 Oct 2021, 00:32

Hi Andrea.

You want to load only a few images from a gallery, and when clicked, they link to the X3 gallery? You could use Embed, but Embed will add an entire gallery to the page (unless set to a "limit"), and clicking images would open the images directly on the page (in a popup).

As for other solutions, it would have to be some Xenforo plugin. They won't update the plugin?

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

07 Oct 2021, 15:46

Thanks for the reply. The original developer disappeared so I should contact another one and start again but I'm searching for a solution that's not linked to a plugin someone has to update regularly. Do you imagine another possible solution to achieve that other than the plugin?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

07 Oct 2021, 22:13

andreamarucci wrote:but I'm searching for a solution that's not linked to a plugin someone has to update regularly. Do you imagine another possible solution to achieve that other than the plugin?
I'm not quite sure what you are thinking of. Regardless of if it's a "plugin" or just some PHP code (which would only be a case of definition), it needs to be a PHP solution created for Xenforo. You can't just add anything PHP into Xenforo unless it's created (or adapted) for Xenforo, just like you can't add anything to Wordpress unless it's created or adapted for Wordpress. To be honest, the PHP itself for this seems quite simple, but the task also includes figuring out how to include in Xenforo as custom PHP / plugin ... and do you need some admin capability? I could perhaps take a look for a minimal fee.

Embed is "different" because it's javascript-based and connects directly to Files app (PHP), so does not need any specific integration with xenforo. However, it still takes some patience to setup and it doesn't sound like exactly what you are looking for.

andreamarucci
Experienced
Topic Author

11 Oct 2021, 13:01

Thanks, I'm not a coder so I really don't know what's necessary to create a xenforo addon. I do have the actual addon I can eventually send you if you want to look at it and for the minimal fee, no problems at all. I want to find a solution by someone that will not disappear just after the plugin is released and, as you may imagine, in the Xenforo forum there are plenty of coders but find the right one is not easy.

You're a coder so may you could be interested in developing it to, maybe, sell as an addon to your awesome script, don't you?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

12 Oct 2021, 00:49

See PM