X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

Mobile menu width control

01 Oct 2021, 09:44

Hi Karl,
I wanted to ask you is there any way to control width of menu for mobile devices?
e.g. Can I somehow remove the highlighted in red area?
Thank you very much in advance, G

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Mobile menu width control

02 Oct 2021, 01:19

In my professional opinion, this is pointless. The menu on mobile is there to be clicked (by sometimes fat fingers), and the emphasis should be on the menu (and menu only) once it opens on mobile, and the visitor has specifically opened the menu to use it. Besides, it closes as soon as someone clicks an item, or clicks back on the stage. Is your idea that the user would still be able to enjoy the main page content while the mobile menu is open (although the content is only partially visible)?  It's not logical and doesn't provide any benefit. The point of showing a tiny fraction of the content, is to convey the idea that it can be clicked to "return" to content view, and that the visitor is still on the same page (although the menu is open).

If you really need to change it, it might be possible with some custom CSS, but it would have to be set by PX or % (of screen), and won't adjust to the pixel width of the longest text in one of the menu items.

GeoPal
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Mobile menu width control

04 Oct 2021, 15:39

Thank you Karl, it was good to hear your opinion, as always!