Search…

hyc
Experienced
Topic Author

License + Lightbox questions

29 Jul 2021, 14:50

Hi team,

I am hesitating between the Private or Pro version and was wondering : 

- is it possible to get the Private license, and later on to upgrade it to the Pro version ? if so, at what price ?
- In the Pro, the only plugin that I would be interested in is the Lightbox potentially, but I am wondering....What is it ? I think I saw that is has something to do with shopping cart, but can you elaborate : what exactly is it (a fotomoto improvement for printing, or can we sell original objects for example and we handle the shipping etc) ? do you have a final release roadmap (i.e. eta for end 2021 with 100% certainty ? or more Q1 2022 ? or more ?) 

Thank you for that !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: License + Lightbox questions

30 Jul 2021, 01:18

hyc wrote:- is it possible to get the Private license, and later on to upgrade it to the Pro version ? if so, at what price ?
Yes. The upgrade price is the intermediate amount $75.
hyc wrote:- In the Pro, the only plugin that I would be interested in is the Lightbox potentially, but I am wondering....What is it ?
Because a full flexible e-commerce solution integrated with X payment services is not feasible and beyond scope of what we can add to X3, we opted for something a bit simpler. The proposed X3 "lightbox" is basically like a shopping cart, where visitors can "add" photos/items to the cart, and then simply send the selection by email to website owner. This allows X3 website owners to work with clients for example post-processing selected images, printing selected images, while any payments would need to be handled internally ... Basically "like" a shopping cart, but will not include features that you may expect from a dedicated shopping cart: #Payment (on checkout), #Fulfillment after payment (sometimes automated), #Configurable options per item, like paper type, size, price.
hyc wrote:a fotomoto improvement for printing
Fotomoto is more like a fully fledged e-commerce solution. Of course, the interface is perhaps slightly less elegant (since it basically overlays X3), they force to print products through their services, and require a % commission from any sale. Obviously not suitable for everyone, although it's a full solution.
hyc wrote:or can we sell original objects for example and we handle the shipping etc
Basically you could do that yes, but you would need to handle orders manually, and there won't be options per object (paper/size/color/frame selection, dynamic pricing etc).
hyc wrote:do you have a final release roadmap (i.e. eta for end 2021 with 100% certainty ? or more Q1 2022 ? or more ?)
I recently stated in this post that I would look into this for next release, so that's current status. I hope to get started within 1-2 months, currently completing another task.

hyc
Experienced
Topic Author

30 Jul 2021, 01:51

Thank you for your fast answer !
happy to read them.

Based on what I see in the demo, nothing would prevent me from having a link in the menu that would redirect to another shopping website like a wordpress woocommerce (...even if way too heavy and factory style, for something like that..), a shopify, or any other solution i could find, right ? I would have a "SHOP" menu link, which opens the shopping website which I would have styled similarly, and same on the other side to bring back to my X3 website. 

note: by the way, if you know of an X3 equivalent (i.e. fast, powerfull, lightweight) for a shopping solution that allows shopping cart features that are : #Payment (on checkout), #Fulfillment after payment (sometimes automated), #Configurable options per item, like paper type, size, price etc #fotomoto features (printing), then please share ! 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

30 Jul 2021, 09:44

hyc wrote:Based on what I see in the demo, nothing would prevent me from having a link in the menu that would redirect to another shopping website like a wordpress woocommerce (...even if way too heavy and factory style, for something like that..), a shopify, or any other solution i could find, right ? I would have a "SHOP" menu link, which opens the shopping website which I would have styled similarly, and same on the other side to bring back to my X3 website.
Sure, although you will need to focus on keeping navigation as uncomplicated as possible for the visitor.

On a sidenote, I remember an X3 website where they had a "buy" button on each image, which then linked to a "sales page" for that image on their shopify. This can be achieved with dynamic variables (available in X3). Not sure it's worth it, but worth noting ...
hyc wrote:note: by the way, if you know of an X3 equivalent (i.e. fast, powerfull, lightweight) for a shopping solution that allows shopping cart features that are : #Payment (on checkout), #Fulfillment after payment (sometimes automated), #Configurable options per item, like paper type, size, price etc #fotomoto features (printing), then please share !
I think the reason there aren't many solutions like this, is because it's such a complex procedure to implement a native e-commerce solution that suits everyone's requirements. Last time I checked, it seemed to be shopify that have the most complex and flexible solution, and they are a big company that specifically work with their own hosted e-commerce solution.