Search…

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

Localhost and provider

08 Mar 2021, 07:30

Hi!

I'm user of Koken.

I downloaded in localhost you app for loooking the possibility. After some trys , here follow's questions :

1- apparently it’s impossible to copy yours examples and change the parameters and galeries. May be it’s normal without  licence key?

2- like koken , I don’t saw a possibility to declare public or make a private folders .

3- Usely, I prefer prepare my site web on localhost and  after synchronize on the provider with FTP.  It’s possible with Photo.gallery App or an other way?

4- Apparently,  I'm surprise there is non possibity to synchronize images data from Lightroom. 

5- I posted a remark about no search motor : keywords, tags and catégorys.

I'm very glad to discover your App , because Koken not maintained .... It's the opportnuity to change.

Many Thanks for yours answers.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Localhost and provider

09 Mar 2021, 00:33

We have many users from Koken, but keep in mind that X3 was not created as a competitor of Koken. While Koken focused on management abilities specifically for pro photograhpers, X3 has always been about the website presentation in terms of features, design and speed/performance.
christian ch. wrote:1- apparently it’s impossible to copy yours examples and change the parameters and galeries. May be it’s normal without  licence key?
This should not be a problem. Pehaps something with file permissions if you have setup locally? You can edit any pages/settings. PS! If you have installed the SAMPLE pages, we recommend you avoid using those pages, as they have all been specifically setup with different options, to showcase variations. Normally I would recommend creating your own pages, and using the sample pages as reference for settings.
christian ch. wrote:2- like koken , I don’t saw a possibility to declare public or make a private folders .
In X3, you will click the "protect" menu in the panel, which allows you to password protect a folder by username/login or by "users". With this feature, it means pages will be protect "recursively", which means if /mypage/ is password-protected, then /mypage/subpage/ will be protected also.
christian ch. wrote:3- Usely, I prefer prepare my site web on localhost and  after synchronize on the provider with FTP.  It’s possible with Photo.gallery App or an other way?
Yes. You should first install X3 separately on server though. After that, simply synch the /config/ and /content/ dirs, as they are the only folders where your website content/settings are stored. ALSO, because of X3's cache mechansim, you would need to go to the /panel/ (on web version) and click SAVE to make sure page's are refreshed ... This is necessary because if you update data by FTP, X3 does not know that it should clear and refresh page cache.
christian ch. wrote:4- Apparently,  I'm surprise there is non possibity to synchronize images data from Lightroom.
Many coming from Koken have mentioned this also. It simply wasn't the focus of X3, but maybe in the future ... When you say "images data", as you specifically referring to the META data?
christian ch. wrote:5- I posted a remark about no search motor : keywords, tags and catégorys.
Answered!
christian ch. wrote:I'm very glad to discover your App , because Koken not maintained .... It's the opportnuity to change.
Thanks. Of course, new users and feedback will help shape what comes from us in the future.

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

09 Mar 2021, 03:16

When you say "images data", as you specifically referring to the META data?
I mean export photos collections ...
This should not be a problem. Pehaps something with file permissions if you have setup locally? You can edit any pages/settings. PS! If you have installed the SAMPLE pages, we recommend you avoid using those pages, as they have all been specifically setup with different options, to showcase variations. Normally I would recommend creating your own pages, and using the sample pages as reference for settings.
If I try to use copy-past-settinf parameters to create one own page from one of your example, the publication of the page work  but the details content of the copy hide.

Thanks a lot for your answers  :thumbsup:

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Mar 2021, 04:10

christian ch. wrote:I mean export photos collections ...
There is no plugin for Lightroom no, but I know many users who export their Lightroom photos with X3 folders, and it does include the image meta data. There are some things to be aware of, like in this post.
christian ch. wrote:If I try to use copy-past-settinf parameters to create one own page from one of your example, the publication of the page work  but the details content of the copy hide.
The point of "copy-paste" is to copy page settings like layouts. It does NOT copy data which should be UNIQUE for the page, including "content".

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Mar 2021, 03:20

Hi,

Before buying the cms X3,after trying multiple times at localhost and on the demo site,   I can't understand how to fill in the name image informations and associated comments, 3 distincts infos …. (may be exif ? ….)   where can we change them could you explain to me the process?

Also, I see that the galleries are designated as for example
"Advanced
Gallery Assets
Load gallery images from a different page.
Advanced
examples / assets / "

But how do you create this kind of file?

Thanks.

ps:  I bought File App it’s work well !

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Mar 2021, 04:19

christian ch. wrote:I can't understand how to fill in the name image informations and associated comments, 3 distincts infos …. (may be exif ? ….)   where can we change them could you explain to me the process?
It's not too obvious. From your page gallery, click the "view" button until you are in edit mode. There you can see input fields to edit captions and other data for each image.
christian ch. wrote: Also, I see that the galleries are designated as for example
"Advanced
Gallery Assets
Load gallery images from a different page.
Advanced
examples / assets / "

But how do you create this kind of file?
"Gallery Assets" is a special feature, and you should only use it if you need it (for any reason). By default, a gallery/page will simply display images uploaded into itself. With the gallery assets option, you can assign a folder to display images from a DIFFERENT folder. Why would you use this? For example in the demo / sample content, we use sample images from a single directory so that we don't need to upload images into each example page. Another usage example could be if you want to create a page that displays an existing gallery differently (different layout and/or sort). If you don't have any such requirements, you should avoid using this feature.

To use it:
1. Create a page where you upload the images. This page will exist as a normal page with a gallery.
2. Create a new page, go to "gallery assets" setting, and in the dropdown select the folder you just created.

The new page, which doesn't contain it's own images, will now display images from the page you are pointing to in "gallery assets", and you can apply different styles, layout and sort order.
christian ch. wrote:ps:  I bought File App it’s work well !
Thanks!

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Mar 2021, 05:31

thank you very much for your clarifications and your patience ...!

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

15 Mar 2021, 12:04

Hi! 

I tried to Add Embed JS . For example I try to insert basic google map with leaflet.js

Code
<style>
    #map {
      width: 100%;
      height: 500px;
    }
  </style>

<title>GeoMet Simple WMS Leaflet Example</title>
  <meta name="description" content="GeoMet OpenLayers Example">
  <meta name="author" content="CCMEP">

<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://unpkg.com/leaflet@1.6.0/dist/leaflet.css" integrity="sha512-xwE/Az9zrjBIphAcBb3F6JVqxf46+CDLwfLMHloNu6KEQCAWi6HcDUbeOfBIptF7tcCzusKFjFw2yuvEpDL9wQ==" crossorigin="" />
  <script src="https://unpkg.com/leaflet@1.6.0/dist/leaflet.js" integrity="sha512-gZwIG9x3wUXg2hdXF6+rVkLF/0Vi9U8D2Ntg4Ga5I5BZpVkVxlJWbSQtXPSiUTtC0TjtGOmxa1AJPuV0CPthew==" crossorigin=""></script>
</head>

<body>
  <div id="map">
  </div>
</body>

It's working but I'm oblige to refresh the page for showing the map or other link's menu.
Any ideas of the cause?

Thanks

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Mar 2021, 00:44

Link? Where did you add the code? X3 is an "ajax" app, which means it doesn't reload javascripts and CSS when navigating from the menu, because that's slow. This means that Javascripts that are made for a single page won't necessarily re-trigger when navigating to the page from the menu.

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Mar 2021, 03:36

Link? 
 Example  here two links test x3 :  Iframe  and test map script embed inside context page
Where did you add the code?
In the "content space". If I place the code in the "page  javascript", .... they don't work.
"script inside context page" work just if I refresh the page.

===============
ps: I try to change the password admin. without success. Should I buy X3 app for have the possibilty or should I change access right ?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Mar 2021, 06:22

There are more problems here, including the implementation. Seems you have copy pasted from some page example? In the maps example, I see you <title> and <meta> tags also ... It works on the initial page load, because the browser will "block" rendering of scripts until they are loaded in order. However, when you navigate to the page where X3 injects the data, the browser won't manage this for you. In the last case, you are getting an error because you are attempting to trigger Javascript functions that are not yet loaded.

I can't really remote-diagnose this just by looking at the source code. If you can give me panel-login, I can take a closer look for you.
christian ch. wrote:ps: I try to change the password admin. without success.
I tried to login, and have changeg the login to admin/admin1. I can't see any problem ...

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

16 Mar 2021, 10:58

I tried to login, and have changeg the login to admin/admin1. I can't see any problem ...
Sorry I'made some confusion. Now new pw is admin2 ...

You coud see on the panel , if I delete all head tags ..... it does not change anything, 

console :
[Error] TypeError: L.map is not a function. (In 'L.map('mapid')', 'L.map' is undefined)
The map's script isn't load when I click on link's menu, I am oblige to refresh manualy the page 

This possibility of loading maps is very important for my website needs.
I'm disappointed if there is no solution.

I build an other map test Ign Map, ....same pb.

If you can give me panel-login, I can take a closer look for you.
here admin/admin2

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

16 Mar 2021, 23:14

Try now. Everything works, also when navigating in the menu.
https://lepetitbleausard.fr/x3/test_google_map/
https://lepetitbleausard.fr/x3/test_ign_map/

The problem
The problem is that your Leaflet JS is using a short "L" as a short global function name, but that same L is used by minified X3. Therefore the map only worked on initial load, before X3 Javascript was loaded.

The solution
As stated in their documentation for #noconflict, we need to create a proper name for the Leaflet function. In Settings > Custom > Custom Head, I added this:
Code
<script>window.leaflet = L.noConflict();</script>
This means that ALL leaflet functions must start with leaflet.somefunction() instead of L.somefunction(). I also cleaned up the code in the ign_map page, as there is no need to load the JS and CSS from leaflet multiple times. It's already loaded globally into the header.

christianch
Experienced
Topic Author

17 Mar 2021, 04:36

Wonderfull! 

I am definitely convinced of the quality of your cms and of your support. thank you very much, I am buying the license.

However, I have a request to make, could write a memo so that we can understand step by step how your examples were built. I can see that X3 is really powerful, but it's hard to understand how it works. Thanks again. Christian Ch.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

17 Mar 2021, 04:59

christian ch. wrote:However, I have a request to make, could write a memo so that we can understand step by step how your examples were built. I can see that X3 is really powerful, but it's hard to understand how it works
Yes it can be challenging to understand how all the variations are setup. Any specific example you are thinking of?

You can also install X3 demo including the sample pages. For example, install another X3 in a separate location, and use settings for reference. Or you could install your main X3 with the sample pages, HIDE the sample pages, and use the for settings references.