X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

pede
Experienced
Topic Author

Sorting order of mp4 and images within a gallery

01 Feb 2021, 07:57

Hello!
When I save *.mp4 files in a gallery along with the photos, the sorting I set does not affect them.
From top to bottom, the thumbnails of the MP4 files are always displayed first and then the sorted photos below.
Can this sorting behavior be influenced? For example all previews of the photos first and then at the very bottom the previews of the videos?
Or have I just overlooked this possibility?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Sorting order of mp4 and images within a gallery

01 Feb 2021, 22:29

Hi. Since videos are "embedded" directly in X3, they are displayed separately from the actual gallery layout (because we can't easily add them into the various gallery layouts). By default, videos will display FIRST, but there is a method that allows videos to display BELOW the gallery. In your page settings > gallery, find the "Styles and Effects" option, type in the following, and click return then SAVE.
Code
video-bottom
In a future X3 release, there will be much-improved video support.

pede
Experienced
Topic Author

02 Feb 2021, 01:38

Perfect! That helps me a lot!

pede
Experienced
Topic Author

12 Mar 2021, 12:21

Hi. Is there such a switch also for swapping text and images gallery?
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-03-12 181053.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-12 181053.jpg (53.93 KiB) Viewed 2842 times

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Mar 2021, 00:19

You can move the "context" module below the gallery, but the context includes title, description and content, and would therefore move the TITLE also below the gallery. For now, what you are asking is not possible (eg. only moving the content text). There has been requests for this earlier, and we may offer the following:
  • Ability to add unique html "content" before and/or after the gallery, independently from your main page content.
  • Ability to sort all items uniquely, including title, description and content.

MaciejK
Experienced

13 Mar 2021, 07:55

Hi Karl

I had also idea like @pede and in my opinion option 1. will give much more flexibility regarding content and overall aesthetics of the page.
In option 2 it is difficult to imagine that anybody wants to have different layout that title and description in their usual order.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

13 Mar 2021, 09:39

MaciejK wrote:I had also idea like @pede and in my opinion option 1. will give much more flexibility regarding content and overall aesthetics of the page.
I agree this would be the best option. What I don't like is that there will be multiple "content" options available in settings, for before/after gallery and before/after folders.
MaciejK wrote:In option 2 it is difficult to imagine that anybody wants to have different layout that title and description in their usual order.
My point here is that you could then assign order:

[title]
[desription]
[gallery]
[content]

... which is basically what you asked for ...

pede
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Mar 2021, 11:53

mjau-mjau wrote: [title]
[desription]
[gallery]
[content]
That is exactly what I meant.
Further variants of the arrangement are not necessary in my opinion.

MaciejK
Experienced

13 Mar 2021, 20:58

Yes, this would be satisfactory solution and i believe easiest to implement and to set by the end user.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

14 Mar 2021, 00:39

I will have to think about it, because there are advantages and disadvantages to both options.
pede wrote:
mjau-mjau wrote: [title]
[desription]
[gallery]
[content]
That is exactly what I meant.
Further variants of the arrangement are not necessary in my opinion.
One challenge here is that title/description/content are all styled knowing where they exist. As soon as users start to shuffle them around, they will want more space below, more space above, larger text etc. Also, unlike the other option, this option does not allow having content above/below the gallery AND normal content elsewhere on the page.
mjau-mjau wrote:
  • Ability to add unique html "content" before and/or after the gallery, independently from your main page content.
The benefit here, is that you could add content before and after the gallery, and still keep your main content. This feature would also apply for folders (listing of folders on a page). What I don't like, is how clunky these options will be in the panel.

MaciejK
Experienced

14 Mar 2021, 12:40

Indeed, from developer point of view such feature can be nightmare as main power of X3 is simplicity for the user.