Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

marco963
Experienced
Topic Author

Folder Template

21 Jan 2021, 03:26

I would like to know if it is possible to define a template based on a specific folder definition, in order to be able to create other folders, characterized by the same attributes (all the attributed specified in the different tabs: context, folder, gallery, plugin etc.).
An implementation idea could be a new menu item "copy folder configuration" and, when creating a new folder, having a new menu item "paste folder configuration".

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Folder Template

21 Jan 2021, 04:16

First of all, I would like to remind that you can edit default settings for context, folder, gallery etc directly from Settings > Page. From there you could assign all settings that are used for most pages, and then instead change settings on a per-page basis when required. This would be the first approach to achieve defaults for the majority of your pages.

Then there is also a copy-paste for page settings, which allows you to copy all settings from one page to another.

Then you can also use gallery/folders templates, but there is no option for "templates" that cover multiple modules.

marco963
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Jan 2021, 04:54

Thanks so much Karl, as usual, for your precious suggestions

metallissimus
Experienced

21 Jan 2021, 05:36

There's a simple workaround that I am using: I set up a hidden folder with all the settings and markup for headers etc. that I wanted and use that as a template folder. Whenever I need a new folder with these settings I simply make a copy of my template folder, rename it and fill it with content.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

marco963
Experienced
Topic Author

21 Jan 2021, 08:10

metallissimus wrote: There's a simple workaround that I am using: I set up a hidden folder with all the settings and markup for headers etc. that I wanted and use that as a template folder. Whenever I need a new folder with these settings I simply make a copy of my template folder, rename it and fill it with content.
Smart idea ! :-)