Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced

Re: marking images as featured for slideshow

15 Jan 2021, 05:16

mjau-mjau wrote: it loads extremely fast, something I am sure you have noticed and appreciate.
Absolutely! I'd say this is one of the top features of X3.
Another option could be to "mark image for slideshow" from any gallery, and that would create a list of images (from multiple dirs) to use for the slideshow. However, this logic means there would only be ONE set of "marked images" that could be used in any gallery (or slideshow-intro), and we would have to create a "select" interface just for this "set".
This is exactly what I imagined. I think the selection interface would fit nicely in the gallery settings besides "hide" and "set as preview image".
Iirc in koken there were also only two of those selections available, you could mark an image with a star or a heart (there you already have the icons for putting this besides the flag and the eye ;) ).
All this just to avoid copying a few select images directly into your slideshow-intro folder, which after all isn't too complicated. Not saying there aren't good options here, but just concluding the facts. Food for thought!
I think you're right that copying images actually isn't that much work, but it just FEELS clumsy and maybe a little dated. Users are more used to GUI based interactions and although you can of course copy images in the X3 GUI it still feels a little bit like doing work in the console as compared to handling let's say a modern smartphone app.

Thanks for sharing this interesting insights!
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: marking images as featured for slideshow

16 Jan 2021, 00:08

metallissimus wrote:Iirc in koken there were also only two of those selections available, you could mark an image with a star or a heart (there you already have the icons for putting this besides the flag and the eye ;) ).
I think :heart: and :star: could be an option to add a layer of selections, although "tags" is also interesting.

Noted! :clap: