X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

Dane
Experienced
Topic Author

The latest photos from all galleries on one page

04 Dec 2020, 22:23

Hi!

Is it possible that I can create a page where all the latest photos of all the galleries are listed? And if the photos are deleted from the galleries, they will automatically disappear from this page?

On my previous homepage, this was exactly the start page where the latest photos from the galleries were always displayed. I would like to do that here as well. 

Is that possible? Unfortunately I did not find a suitable function or setting for this. 

Thank you!

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: The latest photos from all galleries on one page

04 Dec 2020, 23:26

Dane wrote:Is it possible that I can create a page where all the latest photos of all the galleries are listed? And if the photos are deleted from the galleries, they will automatically disappear from this page?
Unfortunately, this is not currently a feature in X3. It has been requested earlier, and I will consider it for a future release.

For now, some gallery owners are doing this:
1. Create a hidden folder "new", and maintain the folder manually.
2. You can then load the "new" dir as gallery (assets folder) into any other dir, for example your home page.

Dane
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Dec 2020, 09:26

It is a pity that this function does not exist. It would have been very important to me, that this overview was also my homepage.  Thanks for the workaround, I guess I have to try it. 

By the way, I would also be willing to pay extra for such a plugin if it was necessary. 

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

05 Dec 2020, 11:02

I will add it in a future release at some point ...

One of the reasons it's not currently a feature, is because it can't work with X3's super-fast page cache. If a page has to continuously refresh itself based on images and image dates, we can't keep that page in cache. Also, since the page has to check images + dates from multiple directories (maybe all), it would load very slow. That is the technical reason, but I hope it can be resolved in a future release.

Dane
Experienced
Topic Author

05 Dec 2020, 13:21

Thanks for the explanation. It would be great if you could find a solution for it.