X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

Columns layout / picture numbering

01 Dec 2020, 02:28

Hello Karl
I am currently familiarizing myself with the elements of the ZURB Foundation and now use these options to create a multi-column layout in Photogallery. Since I invest a lot of effort here in this fantastic pssibilites, my anxious question: Will this also be supported in future versions in Photogallery? Or do I have to change all of these pages with a lot of work?

And on this occasion, one more question that I don't like to ask because I don't like to push: What about the problem with the picture numbers? Do you have any idea when an update can be expected?

Now I wish you a nice day!
Best regards from Basel
Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Columns layout / picture numbering

01 Dec 2020, 03:20

trpgforum wrote:Will this also be supported in future versions in Photogallery? Or do I have to change all of these pages with a lot of work?
It will certainly be supported in all future versions of X3. However, we may migrate to Bootstrap with X4, but that would be at least a year away ... Besides, grid-systems are very similar across different frameworks ... HTML structure would remain the same, and you might just need to replace a few CSS classes.

Foundation
Code
<div class="row">
  <div class="medium-2 columns">...</div>
Bootstrap
Code
<div class="row">
  <div class="col-sm">...</div>
They use the same structure, and both grids are based on a 12-column system. You would just need to replace CSS for columns within.
trpgforum wrote:And on this occasion, one more question that I don't like to ask because I don't like to push: What about the problem with the picture numbers? Do you have any idea when an update can be expected?
Yes, it should be available in next release, which I have been busy with the last 2-3 months. I think it should be ready within two weeks time.

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Columns layout / picture numbering

01 Dec 2020, 07:48

Sensational service !! That saves my project :-)
Best regards
Thomas
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch