X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

Changing back to Markdown-Modus from HTML Wysiwig Modus

19 Nov 2020, 07:51

Hello Karl

Since the beginning I have maintained my content with HTML Wysiwig (Beta). In the meantime, I discovered that Markdown would actually be almost faster, as there is a great assistant available when entering the content (icon at the top right).

What do I have to consider if I want to switch back to the MARKDOWN mode of my page that was previously edited in HTML Wysiwig mode? I tried this on my XAMPP test installation and it seems to work. However, the HTML formats remain the same. Is it even so that I can combine the best of both worlds?

I am very grateful for an answer!

Best regards from Basel
Thomas Ruf
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Changing back to Markdown-Modus from HTML Wysiwig Modus

19 Nov 2020, 23:39

Very interesting question of course. If I could convince everyone to use the markdown editor, life would be easier. The problem with the wysiwig editor, is that it's not a HTML-code editor (which is the point of "wysiwig") ... you would have to switch between two modes (wysiwig and html src) to edit the code, and the source code just shows the raw html code. This basically prevents you from being able to use the special X3 "html templates", which of require some editing.

The beauty of the markdown editor on the other hand, is that what you see in the editor is the actual source and preview (there are no two modes), and you can mix markdown, html (if required) and plain text. The markdown is rendered live to give you an idea of the style, but will get rendered before output in the actual website.
trpgforum wrote:What do I have to consider if I want to switch back to the MARKDOWN mode of my page that was previously edited in HTML Wysiwig mode? I tried this on my XAMPP test installation and it seems to work. However, the HTML formats remain the same. Is it even so that I can combine the best of both worlds?
Just changing the option in settings certainly won't change anything. X3 doesn't render content differently based on the editors ... They are just two options on how to write your content. I don't think you have to consider anything at all ... You will obviously have a different "view" of content from panel, which may include some html.

trpgforum
Experienced
Topic Author

Re: Changing back to Markdown-Modus from HTML Wysiwig Modus

20 Nov 2020, 01:53

Thank you so much! It's just great that after working for a long time with Photo Gallery X3 I am able to make such great new discoveries :-) That is great and will make my work even easier!

I wish you a nice weekend!
Thomas

PS: I am eagerly waiting for the next version with the resolved picture numbering :-)
THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch