Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Change in password protection?

25 Aug 2020, 08:50

Was there a change to the password protection? I am pretty sure it was possible to only assign a password without a username, which now seems to be no longer working.
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Change in password protection?

25 Aug 2020, 09:27

I can't imagine that empty username was working earlier, but if it was, this was not by design. You should definitely use a username ... Also, if you clear the username in the panel settings, it would revert to default "admin", which was always the case.

The recent changes to login was mainly that the password is now stored encrypted.

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Aug 2020, 10:02

Oh, maybe I was a bit unclear: I was talking about protecting folders, not panel login.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

26 Aug 2020, 01:22

Right. I did clean up the code recently for this also, but I can't remember that it worked without username. If it did, it was not by design. Http auth (used by the protect mechanism) requires username + password, so it seems pointless to try to exclude username. Also, if you create "users" (from the users tab), it would definitely be required as the username is the key to folder access.

It could be you could login with empty username earlier, but unless this is very important (for some reason), I won't be targeting this as a fix.

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Aug 2020, 04:11

I don't see an important reason to "fix" it, was just confused about the unexpected change in behaviour. Thanks for explaining.