Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

x3_jens
Topic Author

Picdrop Support - htaccess

07 Jul 2020, 03:21

Hello,
I use Picdrop.com to make it easier for my clients to share photoshoots. Picdrop offers to offer the Gallery under my own domain ("Web Integration"). So https://www.pcidrop.com/myusername/GalleryXYZ becomes https://www.mydomain.com/picdrop/GalleryXYZ after all.

Unfortunately the forwarding of the gallery does not work properly. Picdrop talks in the help about customizing the .htaccess file, but the required commands are already used by X3.

Here are the adjustments of picdrop for the .htaccess file in the root folder
Code
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>

RewriteEngine on

RewriteBase /picdrop/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?r=$1&%{QUERY_STRING} [L]

</IfModule>
Is there a solution?

Greetings
Jens

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Picdrop Support - htaccess

07 Jul 2020, 03:36

A bit hard to diagnose without a real link and real values. X3 is in the root of your website domain?

Furthermore, looking at your .htaccess code, where in that code does it state the page to rewrite the website from url https://www.pcidrop.com/myusername/GalleryXYZ? I only see some code RewriteBase /picdrop/ ... I'm not quite sure how this is supposed to work, but your website certainly won't be able to load from picdrop.com unless there is a rewrite rule that points to picdrop.com/someurl. How would that work if there is no reference to the website where the page is located?

Do they have documentation?

x3_jens
Topic Author

08 Jul 2020, 15:10

Hello Karl,

sorry for that. PicDrop Documentation for Web-Integration in english

Yes, X3 is in the root directory. 
In my Picdrop account settings on picdrop.com I had to optin that feature for their redirection.

To make a long story short, I don't wanna mess with X3.

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jul 2020, 00:16

I see the picdrop documentation, but there is no .htaccess file example for me there. What is the link to your actual picdrop website currently, so I have something to work from? As mentioned in my last post, just adding RewriteBase /picdrop/ to your htaccess won't allow your own domain to run a website from another domain ... Where is the reference to the other domain/url?

x3_jens
Topic Author

09 Jul 2020, 06:14

I my first post I published the .htaccess file picdrop gave me to copy in my root folder. As there is already the X3 .htaccess I stopped that process. Now that I have read the doc again I found my mistake: I have to put the .htaccess file into my /picdrop/ subfolder and not into root. I will test an let you know if it works now. 

Many thanks for the great product and support.