Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

sh-fotografie
Topic Author

Subscribe to the blog

09 Jul 2024, 07:20

Hello everyone!

Unfortunately I didn't find anything about my question here in the forum or in the documentation.
In addition to my photo gallery, I have a small blog, especially for my travels.
Is it possible to offer a kind of "subscription button" so that visitors can subscribe to the blog via feed, for example?
I can't find any settings in the panel. But maybe someone has an idea how to implement it.
Thank you and have a nice day,
Susan
SH-FOTOGRAFIE
www.sh-fotografie.ch

trpgforum
Experienced

Re: Subscribe to the blog

09 Jul 2024, 07:59

THOMAS RUF PHOTOGRAPHY
Landscape - Nature - Macro
4132 Muttenz
Switzerland
www.thomas-ruf.ch

sh-fotografie
Topic Author

09 Jul 2024, 08:48

Thanks Thomas for the tip. A newsletter would be an alternative, but an RSS feed would be much easier. I'm currently thinking about "building" my own RSS feed. Let's see if that works.
SH-FOTOGRAFIE
www.sh-fotografie.ch

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

09 Jul 2024, 21:28

X3 does already create an RSS feed, but it's for the entire website, not specifically for the "blog".
https://www.sh-fotografie.ch/feed/

I noticed on your website you use a service feedfry.com, and I see that it can create feeds from a specific page, for example your "blog". It guess it's a paid service if you want the feed to update automatically when you create new blog posts, but there might be other free solutions.

sh-fotografie
Topic Author

09 Jul 2024, 23:47

hello mjau-mjau,
thanks for your Information. The feed that x3 already creates doesn't seem to actually produce any results. But good to know, I'll take a look at the file structure.
I tried something yesterday. But feedfry.com does not run reliably. Sorry, I should have deleted that. I still tend to create my own txt file for the feed and update it manually. Automatically would be a lot easier, but I don't see a solution other than paid tools.
SH-FOTOGRAFIE
www.sh-fotografie.ch