X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

Migrated photography website

24 Oct 2019, 07:38

Hello there,

I used to run my website on koken, which obviously is next to dead by now, and I was desperately looking for a replacement until I finally found X3. And I couldn't be happier! I almost effortlessly migrated my whole site in less than two days, it looks better than ever and the PageSpeed rating really sky-rocketed. Thank you so much Karl for this incredible platform and your incredible support!

So here it is, feel free to have a look and comment on everything you like or don't like: https://www.danielbollinger.de/

Best regards,
Daniel
www.danielbollinger.de – corporate photography
hochzeiten.danielbollinger.de – wedding photography

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Migrated photography website

25 Oct 2019, 01:15

Looks very professional! Clean/simple X3 styles, which allow the content/images to speak for the design. Nice original logo design.

You have done a great job. I can see you must have some experience working with websites from earlier. 

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

25 Oct 2019, 10:44

Thank you! I don't have any formal education in that area, but I've been running my photography business for some years now and learnt a lot about (web)design in that time. The logo was done by a professional designer though, that's not something I would think I am capable of.

torobouk
Experienced

27 Oct 2019, 09:04

Very nice website and beautiful pictures.

ulfklose
Experienced

11 Dec 2019, 15:12

Great site and pictures.

ulfklose
Experienced

11 Dec 2019, 16:37

Oh, and one question: did you do anything to achieve such great page load times? Google and YSlow seem to love your page.

metallissimus
Experienced
Topic Author

13 Dec 2019, 08:19

Thank you both for the compliments!
ulfklose wrote: Oh, and one question: did you do anything to achieve such great page load times? Google and YSlow seem to love your page.
Not that I am aware of... I modified the design a little bit in some places, otherwise it's X3 out of the box. But that's one reason I'm so happy with X3.

ulfklose
Experienced

29 Dec 2019, 09:06

Daniel, maybe you as a fellow German can add anything interesting to that discussion:

viewtopic.php?f=53&t=9886

I'm not 100 % certain that it's really necessary to add such a monster of a cookie consent thingy as I'm not a lawyer. But if you can, please do so. I just want to make sure that none of us gets an "Abmahnung" because of that.