Search…

X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

jeroenvb
Topic Author

Any thoughts?

15 Mar 2019, 11:36

Recently I transformed my website using X3, I was wondering if you have any tips or suggestions to improve www.jeroenvandenboorn.nl?

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

Re: Any thoughts?

15 Mar 2019, 23:04

Hi Jeroen,

Your X3 website looks clean, professional and well-organized. I don't really have much to add, but a few small things popped into mind:
  • It would perhaps be nice if the logo was the same color as the skin's primary color. Either change the primary color to the same color as in your logo, or change your logo color to the color use in skin.
  • I think the "folder" links displaying on your home page could benefit from a wide(r) layout, especially on large displays. I would perhaps try to set "wide" gallery width, and select gallery "grid" layout with "5,3,2".
  • You should perhaps remove the DATE from some pages like the home page and contact page? Less is more.
  • You have a huge archive of photos neatly categorized into the topbar menu now :clap: Personally, I would have liked to see a favorites/portfolio section, containing a selection of your best photos, if you are promoting to "new" visitors. Careful with the topbar though, as you don't really have room for many more level-1 items, unless you change to "topbar center" with logo above the menu.
Good job!

jeroenvb
Topic Author

Re: Any thoughts?

16 Mar 2019, 05:07

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

I've already changed the first 3 items, looks better like this indeed. Now it's time to make a small favourites section, it's gone be hard to select a few photos ;).