X3 Photo Gallery Support Forums

Search…

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

about myself and my website :)

26 Oct 2018, 02:50

Hi There :)

I'm a hobby photographer from Stuttgart, Germany - and for a VERY LONG time, I have used Koken for building my Website.
Unfortunately, since the developer sold Koken to NetObjects, only a few major updates have been released and since then it became really quiet.
No reaction to Comments from users on the Koken Facebook page, nor any other minor update over the last years lead to a very bad feeling on me.

I remember, that I came around to X3 earlier - at least I can remember that I already saw the Avatar from Mjau-Mjau some longer time ago... and I can darkly remember, that I've already played around with the Admin Panel... but I can't really remember, why I did not switch to X3 at that time...
But now, things are changing and I was working on my "new page" for the last view days with extended help of mjau-mjau / Karl (thanks for that, very much apreciated :) )
So finally, here it is:

http://www.caina.de

I have to say, that I haven't really prepared my images for Displaying on a website.
So right now, X3 needs to resize them during the Upload - which might not be the best option at all... and.. of course, I can maybe select a view other images for displaying in the Intro... but since I do not really have any commercial backgrounds with my site, this was never something I've had in focus.

So please let me know, if there is anything you have found that I should / could change :)

Known "issues":
- order of the menu items

Martin
Experienced

Re: about myself and my website :)

26 Oct 2018, 05:50

Love your People&Projects photography!

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

26 Oct 2018, 11:31

Martin wrote: Love your People&Projects photography!
Unfortunately, I didn't find the time for more projects this year... at least, I didn't really found the time for doing anything in photography except some images during a short holiday trip - and only one shooting...
Hopefully, I will find the time for doing somehting in the two months left - or at least, by the next year...

But since it is just a hobby, I've had a whole bunch of higher priority tasks on my todo list (and still have)...
In fact, I'm glad that I found the time to redo my webpage...

mjau-mjau
X3 Wizard

27 Oct 2018, 00:03

Looks great  :thumbsup: Nice selection in the intro images ;) A few things:
  • Add an image to your "impressum" page"? It looks a bit naked https://d.pr/i/Gb0yxR.
  • "Kontakt" page is too wide for a simple from. Try to go to page  settings > context, and set the "narrowest" width? See our demo.
- order of the menu items
See my response in separate post.

CrisC
Experienced
Topic Author

27 Oct 2018, 05:35

hm... including an image into the Impressum could be an Idea...
But my first idea was that the impressum should not be "overfilled" with irrelevant things... it is just a legal issue to have this site here in germany (information who is responsible for this site, disclaimers, and all those information)...

I will think about this and I think I will play around with some options.
Also, I just want to have the main "style" for all pages - which means, that I should think about to use similar elements then for the other sites as well... hm...

Contact form:
Yes, the layout was too wide for this style.
I've used this setting when I had the Sidebar menu - and it was used because while I had the gdpr checkbox active, the long text which was used was then misplaced with a narrower layout.
Now I have changed this - thanks for the "reminder" ^^

GeoPal
Experienced

27 Oct 2018, 15:22

Great photos, I enjoyed looking at them!

eskimo121
Experienced

04 Nov 2018, 03:37

the deep dark colors on this look great https://www.caina.de/galerie/animals/#& ... 07-02-8162
Thanks.

Bored? Browse through some cool images: Amazing Pictures